Joined: 04 Nov 2008 Posts: 1424 Location: PH
Posted: Fri 21 Oct 2016, 09:01 Post subject:
pCutterPup: Puppy Modification Tool
This is a tool for modifying puppy linux. It is very useful on remastering puppy for creating a new puplet.
* Can remove the bloat in puppy by deleting it or by separating bloated apps or files in a folder
* Can easily integrated bunch of applications by just placing pet packages in a designated folder
* Highly customizable for customized puplet.
Take a note on the following files and folders:
* contents - This is the working folder where the extracted packages to be installed to the system must be placed.
* patches - This is the folder where the specific files to be installed to the system must be placed. Inside of this folder must be in linux file hierarchy started for example: patches/usr, patches/bin, etc.
* pet-packages - This is the folder where pet packages are placed for integrating into the system. These package will be extracted and will goto contents folder.
* scripts - This is the folder where the scripts and binary files needed by the pCutter are placed
* dri-remove-list.txt - Contains the list of dri files to be deleted.
* pkg-remove-list.txt - Contains the list of applications and softwares to be deleted.
* rm-files-folders.txt - Contains the list of specific files and folders to be deleted. (wildcard character is allowed)
* Edit the following dri-remove-list.txt, pkg-remove-list.txt, and rm-files-folders.txt for customizations
* In case of integrating applications. Place the packages into pet-packages folder
* For updating a specific file. Place the packages into patches folder
* run pCutterPup script. Make some customizations and click PROCEED to start modification process.
* Wait until modification is finished.
* If pCutterpup is used for remastering puppy. Boot puppy in pristine state first before using this tool.
* When backup remove files is enabled. It tooks longer time to complete modification. Bigger disk space is required for this process.
One suggestion. Implement adrv.sfs fusion with the main puppy sfs and building the new iso.
Nah. That would complicate matters I think.
But a seaparate "pCutterPup" for adrv, ydrv, etc. would be nice.
(Although it's not that difficult to open them with unsquashfs,
remaster them directly and then re-squashfs them.) _________________ musher0
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum