GCC compiler does not work

Please post any bugs you have found
kerl

GCC compiler does not work

#1 Post by kerl »

Hi,

I've installed one of the GCC packagers from puppy's manager. It doesn't seem to generate binaries.
Are these packages a full installation of GCC or do I neet to install something else?
How do you compile C programs for Puppy?

Too many questions, I know.
BTW I'm trying to compile ZEsarUX, an emulator for 8bit microcomputers made with C

OscarTalks

#2 Post by OscarTalks »

If you wish to compile, load the devx for your Puppy. It contains gcc and other stuff needed for this. If compiling anything kernel related you should also load the kernel sources.
Oscar in England

kerl

#3 Post by kerl »

OscarTalks wrote:If you wish to compile, load the devx for your Puppy. It contains gcc and other stuff needed for this. If compiling anything kernel related you should also load the kernel sources.
I can't find Devx on my Slacko 6.3.2 frugal :?
(frugal meaning base installed on hdd and filesystem+configuration loaded from savefile also on hdd, am i correct?)

dancytron

#4 Post by dancytron »

kerl wrote:
OscarTalks wrote:If you wish to compile, load the devx for your Puppy. It contains gcc and other stuff needed for this. If compiling anything kernel related you should also load the kernel sources.
I can't find Devx on my Slacko 6.3.2 frugal :?
(frugal meaning base installed on hdd and filesystem+configuration loaded from savefile also on hdd, am i correct?)
The devx is a separate sfs file that has all the compiling stuff in it. Download it here http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pu ... -6.3.2/32/ and then load it with the SFS loader.

You probably want to uninstall the gcc stuff you already installed first.

kerl

#5 Post by kerl »

Oh I found it!
I had to update repositories and found Devx .sfs file at (install:install applications:choose an sfs file from the official repo)
I clicked a couple of times and voila! it seems ready to compile.

Thanks Oskar and Dancy

kerl

#6 Post by kerl »

I downloaded the sfs version from the ppm.
Is there a pet one better? Where can I get it?

BTW I compiled this C program
https://sourceforge.net/projects/zesaru ... rce=navbar

This is the script to compile it:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh 
export CFLAGS=-O2 
export LDFLAGS=-O2 
./configure --enable-memptr --enable-visualmem --enable-cpustats --disable-caca --disable-aa --prefix /usr 
make clean 
make 
make bintargz 
All the required libraries are in Slacko 6.3.2 except Pulseaudio which I installed (though the Oscar's version, the ppm one lacks files). I managed to compile it but the program does not work well. Is there a way to compile using other libraries different from the installed ones? (Without uninstalling/reinstalling libs which are already present in Puppy)

This program works well on debian and mint. Is there a way to convert the provided .deb to .pet ?