PuppyPin Restore 0.7

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
LazY Puppy

PuppyPin Restore 0.7

#1 Post by LazY Puppy »

PuppyPin Restore

- is a tool to restore the PuppyPin (icons at the Rox desktop) either automated at boot or manually by a menu entry in menu Desktop.

E.g.: you can add/remove what ever you want to/from the desktop plus moving icons around during hours of work, but you are still just a single click away, to return to the original desktop icon setup (PuppyPin).

I first posted this here, though decided now to make it a separate topic - as it has been successfully tested.

Download version 0.7

-------------------------------------------------------
Executing puppypin-restore at bootup
-------------------------------------------------------

To have puppypin-restore automated running at every boot, just rename file

/root/.config/autostart/puppypin-restore-auto.desktop.bak

to

/root/.config/autostart/puppypin-restore-auto.desktop

At first run puppypin-restore will analyze the current icon setup on the desktop (the PuppyPin) and then creating a restore script. The restore script is just created once and it will be stored at /root/.puppypin-restore.

When ever puppypin-restore is executed again it will analyze again the current icon setup on the desktop to create a remove script. The remove script makes sure, that all icons will be removed from PuppyPin without to touch the drive icons and/or the current wallpaper. The remove script is also stored at /root/.puppypin-restore.

Since the restore script is just created once, you could also make manually additions and/or changes to the restore script, to modify how, what and where will be restored in detail.

Note:

To get this working in non-woof-ce Puppies like Precise and earlier Puppies, you need to put a symbolic link puppypin-restore (pointing to: /usr/local/puppypin-restore/puppypin-restore) into /root/Startup - as /root/.config/autostart is not implemented in Precise Puppy and / or earlier Puppies.
Last edited by LazY Puppy on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 05:55, edited 2 times in total.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

LazY Puppy

#2 Post by LazY Puppy »

PuppyPin Restore

- is updated to version 0.7.

It has added a small but useful script to lock/unlock all the icons from desktop (PuppyPin).

E.g.: if there's icons locked there will be similar code in PuppyPin:

Code: Select all

<icon x="128" y="132" label="Rox" locked="true">/usr/local/RoxApp_Builder/Application_Starter/PuppyPin Applications</icon>
The mean part here is: locked="true".

All lines holding locked="true" will change to a line holding locked="false" after first call of the script (menu entry is also in menu Desktop). Next time it will revert again to locked="true"

So you can switch lock/unlock of desktop icons easily (incl. drive icons!).

Though, it won't do anything on lines that doesn't hold locked= !

Download version 0.7
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink: