No menu or icons tahr64

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Johnnyboy

No menu or icons tahr64

#1 Post by Johnnyboy »

Hi,
I'm trying to run tahrpup64 from a usb stick- and when the desktop appears there are no icons and the menu is an empty white box. I've been using tahrpup on my old machine for quite some time and am trying the 64 bit variant on my new laptop. Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Thank you
John

mikeslr

post subject

#2 Post by mikeslr »

verify that you had a good download. If a bad download is not the problem, please provide details of your new setup: Computer make & model (RAM, CPU, graphics card), how did you install Tahrpup64 to the USB-Key; and make, model, capacity of the USB-Key.

mikesLr

P.S. Your question should have been posted to the Tahr64 thread -- it's still active so that's where people actively involved and knowledgeable of it can be found; and that's where later users having similar problems expect to find answers.

And if you thought you were posting to that thread, its a common misunderstanding of how the Forum Software works. I've made it myself and occasionally still do if I'm not thinking. Even though your Topic is a new one, you have to click the "Post Reply" button.

Johnnyboy

#3 Post by Johnnyboy »

Thanks-

I.ve not used the forum for some time- a bit rusty.