Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 12 Dec 2019, 05:05
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Woof CE Debian Stretch and Devuan Ascii Based Development
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 6 of 49 [723 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 47, 48, 49 Next
Author Message
musher0

Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 14538
Location: Gatineau (Qc), Canada

PostPosted: Thu 02 Mar 2017, 20:23    Post subject:  

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
musher0 wrote:
nilsonmorales wrote:
who invokes my name? Very Happy
Quote:
Members nilsonmorales and futwerk do great Puppy backgrounds -- if we
can get a hold of them.

Thanks, nilsonmorales.

Can I be frank? The gradients of the colors are nice but I don't like the
octopus tentacle making a spiral around the Puppy's head! I find it gloomy...

BFN.

I was going to say "Ummm, that the Debian logo!" but I see that Stretch is a Toy Story 3 octopus now too Shocked


Oh. An octopus is the maskot. Sorry.

_________________
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
Je suis né pour aimer et non pas pour haïr. (Sophocle) /
I was born to love and not to hate. (Sophocles)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11240
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Thu 02 Mar 2017, 21:49    Post subject:  

musher0 wrote:

Oh. An octopus is the maskot. Sorry.


LoL ok last time for this, lol I've taken notecase and gave it 24x24 icons, I had to edit the icons also with gimp and then the icon code in Geany to make it work, But hey it looks great now, Hope you like it.
ttuuxxx
notecase-Patched-themed-02-1.9.8-i386.pet
Description  Main file
pet

 Download 
Filename  notecase-Patched-themed-02-1.9.8-i386.pet 
Filesize  421.1 KB 
Downloaded  101 Time(s) 
notecase-Patched-themed_DOC-02-1.9.8-i386.pet
Description  documents
pet

 Download 
Filename  notecase-Patched-themed_DOC-02-1.9.8-i386.pet 
Filesize  162.77 KB 
Downloaded  106 Time(s) 
notecase-Patched-themed_NLS-02-1.9.8-i386.pet
Description  Language files
pet

 Download 
Filename  notecase-Patched-themed_NLS-02-1.9.8-i386.pet 
Filesize  201.22 KB 
Downloaded  99 Time(s) 
notecase-Patched-themed-02-1.9.8-i386.tar.gz
Description  Sources
gz

 Download 
Filename  notecase-Patched-themed-02-1.9.8-i386.tar.gz 
Filesize  917.27 KB 
Downloaded  111 Time(s) 
notecase.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   60.9 KB
 Viewed   579 Time(s)

notecase.jpg


_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
nilsonmorales


Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Posts: 946
Location: El Salvador

PostPosted: Thu 02 Mar 2017, 22:36    Post subject:  

musher0
Quote:
Can I be frank?

Sure, always you are frank, is ok i just thinking in a stretch from toystory


_________________
My blog | | Github


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
musher0

Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 14538
Location: Gatineau (Qc), Canada

PostPosted: Thu 02 Mar 2017, 22:54    Post subject:  

No worries, nilson. I'm the one who misunderstood! Embarassed



I apologize.

_________________
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
Je suis né pour aimer et non pas pour haïr. (Sophocle) /
I was born to love and not to hate. (Sophocles)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11240
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 00:07    Post subject:  

Two Images i've been using is one a picture of Pluto from NASA and another of the word stretch that I stretched, lol
default.jpg
Description 
jpg

 Download 
Filename  default.jpg 
Filesize  91.22 KB 
Downloaded  141 Time(s) 
stretch.jpg
Description 
jpg

 Download 
Filename  stretch.jpg 
Filesize  62.97 KB 
Downloaded  165 Time(s) 

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Billtoo


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 00:52    Post subject: Woof CE Debian Stretch and Devuan Ascii Based Development  

I did a new woof-CE (auto build) this morning.

System: Host: puppypc26908 Kernel: 3.14.79 i686 (32 bit) Desktop: JWM 2.3.6 Distro: Dpup Stretch 7.0.0a1
Machine: Device: desktop System: Compaq-Presario product: AU194AA-A2L CQ5123F serial: MXX9300M0F
Mobo: MSI model: Boston v: 1.0 BIOS: Phoenix v: 5.24 date: 06/19/2009
CPU: Dual core Pentium E5200 (-MCP-) speed/max: 1200/2500 MHz
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GF108 [GeForce GT 430]
Display Server: X.org 1.19.1 drivers: nouveau (unloaded: modesetting,fbdev,vesa)
tty size: 150x39 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Network: Card-1: Realtek RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller driver: r8169
Card-2: D-Link System AirPlus G DWL-G122 Wireless Adapter(rev.C1) [Ralink RT2571W] driver: rt73usb
Drives: HDD Total Size: 500.1GB (10.5% used)
Info: Processes: 99 Uptime: 2:22 Memory: 196.6/3160.7MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.3.8

There are a few new bugs, there was no way to change the wallpaper in JWM or FbBox, I added 2 pets
mkwallpaper-0.8-i686_s700.pet and mkwallpaper-gui-2.3_32Bit.pet, that worked.
Geany can read,edit,and save a file but can't create a new file because the Save As command causes it to crash.
Same thing with Libre Office writer, permissions must be wrong I guess.

The build took less time even though I did it on a slower computer, approx. 1 hour on a dual core i3 with HT.
image-1.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   42.02 KB
 Viewed   465 Time(s)

image-1.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11240
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 00:59    Post subject:  

Here's 2 more backgrounds One is basic yet effective and the other well it has flare, Smile lol
Pupian.jpg
Description 
jpg

 Download 
Filename  Pupian.jpg 
Filesize  12.85 KB 
Downloaded  178 Time(s) 
Pupian2.jpg
Description 
jpg

 Download 
Filename  Pupian2.jpg 
Filesize  120.58 KB 
Downloaded  181 Time(s) 

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11240
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 01:01    Post subject: Re: Woof CE Debian Stretch and Devuan Ascii Based Development  

Billtoo wrote:
I did a new woof-CE (auto build) this morning.

System: Host: puppypc26908 Kernel: 3.14.79 i686 (32 bit) Desktop: JWM 2.3.6 Distro: Dpup Stretch 7.0.0a1
Machine: Device: desktop System: Compaq-Presario product: AU194AA-A2L CQ5123F serial: MXX9300M0F
Mobo: MSI model: Boston v: 1.0 BIOS: Phoenix v: 5.24 date: 06/19/2009
CPU: Dual core Pentium E5200 (-MCP-) speed/max: 1200/2500 MHz
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GF108 [GeForce GT 430]
Display Server: X.org 1.19.1 drivers: nouveau (unloaded: modesetting,fbdev,vesa)
tty size: 150x39 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Network: Card-1: Realtek RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller driver: r8169
Card-2: D-Link System AirPlus G DWL-G122 Wireless Adapter(rev.C1) [Ralink RT2571W] driver: rt73usb
Drives: HDD Total Size: 500.1GB (10.5% used)
Info: Processes: 99 Uptime: 2:22 Memory: 196.6/3160.7MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.3.8

There are a few new bugs, there was no way to change the wallpaper in JWM or FbBox, I added 2 pets
mkwallpaper-0.8-i686_s700.pet and mkwallpaper-gui-2.3_32Bit.pet, that worked.
Geany can read,edit,and save a file but can't create a new file because the Save As command causes it to crash.
Same thing with Libre Office writer, permissions must be wrong I guess.

The build took less time even though I did it on a slower computer, approx. 1 hour on a dual core i3 with HT.

Does it compile out of the box ?
The compiler I have is very limited.
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Billtoo


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 01:19    Post subject: Re: Woof CE Debian Stretch and Devuan Ascii Based Development  

ttuuxxx wrote:

Does it compile out of the box ?
The compiler I have is very limited.
ttuuxxx


Yes, I just compiled Mplayer-1.3.0 so I could answer your question Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11240
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 01:35    Post subject: Re: Woof CE Debian Stretch and Devuan Ascii Based Development  

Billtoo wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:

Does it compile out of the box ?
The compiler I have is very limited.
ttuuxxx


Yes, I just compiled Mplayer-1.3.0 so I could answer your question Smile

I'm trying out belham2 stretch version and when I compile live on it, By loading the devx on the fly, I get the same issue I had with my versions, Sometimes depending what you compile you get a lib type file when you should have a bin. For example look at the picture, Clearly it should be an executable file, if you click on it it doesn't start but if you use the .desktop file it runs just fine.
Also man I don't think I'll ever get used to taskbar uptop and the jwmrc-tray2 on the bottom, I hate that tray, More of a traditional desktop guy on the bottom with icons and no extra trays. Took me about 2 mins to fix it up the way I like it Smile
ttuuxxx
Screenshot.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   42.27 KB
 Viewed   428 Time(s)

Screenshot.jpg


_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Billtoo


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 3680
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 01:42    Post subject: Re: Woof CE Debian Stretch and Devuan Ascii Based Development  

ttuuxxx wrote:

I'm trying out belham2 stretch version and when I compile live on it, By loading the devx on the fly, I get the same issue I had with my versions, Sometimes depending what you compile you get a lib type file when you should have a bin. For example look at the picture, Clearly it should be an executable file, if you click on it it doesn't start but if you use the .desktop file it runs just fine.


Get the same result here, got a lib type file for Mplayer-1.3.0.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11240
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 01:47    Post subject: Re: Woof CE Debian Stretch and Devuan Ascii Based Development  

Billtoo wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:

I'm trying out belham2 stretch version and when I compile live on it, By loading the devx on the fly, I get the same issue I had with my versions, Sometimes depending what you compile you get a lib type file when you should have a bin. For example look at the picture, Clearly it should be an executable file, if you click on it it doesn't start but if you use the .desktop file it runs just fine.


Get the same result here, got a lib type file for Mplayer-1.3.0.


Yes it gives you a very unstable compiler, I've came across somethings that compile to the last step just before it builds the bin's and says it couldn't and doesn't really give much of an error. If you work it out let me know. I actually found better compiling results if you install debian Jessie gcc and a few other libs from debian packages, you'll get bin files but then somethings don't compile.

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
musher0

Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 14538
Location: Gatineau (Qc), Canada

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 03:19    Post subject:  

Hi ttuuxxx and all.

I don't know C so I probably can't help much. Still, asking the right
questions may point us in the right direction:

Can we retrace the steps that lead to this situation?
What is its history?
Is it local or upriver?
Do devs in other distros have the same complaint?
What do LFS or other reliable sources say?
If we (re)compile the new gcc toolchain from one that's healthy (that how
it's done, isn't it?), would it solve the problem?
Is it actually the gcc or is the origin of the problem in the glibc?

My 2¢. IHTH.

_________________
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
Je suis né pour aimer et non pas pour haïr. (Sophocle) /
I was born to love and not to hate. (Sophocles)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11240
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 04:24    Post subject:  

musher0 wrote:
Hi ttuuxxx and all.

I don't know C so I probably can't help much. Still, asking the right
questions may point us in the right direction:

Can we retrace the steps that lead to this situation?
What is its history?
Is it local or upriver?
Do devs in other distros have the same complaint?
What do LFS or other reliable sources say?
If we (re)compile the new gcc toolchain from one that's healthy (that how
it's done, isn't it?), would it solve the problem?
Is it actually the gcc or is the origin of the problem in the glibc?

My 2¢. IHTH.


Well its usually best to compile it on the host system, So that things like libc and kernel are compatible. I started compiling gcc, and ran into a few issues, its 3:22 am time for bed Smile I'll work on it for a bit tomorrow before work, Its a long compile usually, like Firefox Smile Hopefully its that
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
anikin

Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 1020

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 05:01    Post subject:  

Just a couple noobish thoughts:
In the toolchain, gcc is dependent on binutils, and it's an *absolutely* tight dependence - (binutils >= 2.27.90.20170124)
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/gcc-6
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/binutils
Do you guys have the required version of binutils? Also, I would go carefully through the list of all the other dependencies in the above Debian links, to make sure you really have a native compile environment.

BTW, gcc-6 isn't uniquely Debian's choice. All the major distros are adopting it - a call of times. So rolling back to an older (Jessie) version of GCC is not an option.

Maybe, some additional clues can be found here:
http://linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/gcc.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 6 of 49 [723 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 47, 48, 49 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0749s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0092s) ][ GZIP on ]