How not to install Puppy on a Windows10 ACER F552L Laptop

Booting, installing, newbie
Burn_IT

#16 Post by Burn_IT »

UEFI is a collaberation between RED HAT LINUX and Microsoft so stop blaming just Windows.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

foxpup

#17 Post by foxpup »

Limbomusic wrote:I put you on the fans-list !
Cool! I've never been officially a fan of anything.
Burn_IT wrote:UEFI is a collaberation between RED HAT LINUX and Microsoft so stop blaming just Windows.
I just don't like uefi. It's annoying. And it is enterprise driven. And i am a hobbyist.
And another thing: win10 is noticably slower and less productive then any of the puppies on the same machine. :P

Burn_IT

#18 Post by Burn_IT »

I just don't like uefi. It's annoying. And it is enterprise driven. And i am a hobbyist.
And another thing: win10 is noticably slower and less productive then any of the puppies on the same machine.
Nothing unusual there.
Even enterprises are not happy about it.

I have reverted and removed Win 10 and use Win 7 still - my business is PC support and most of my customers use Windows software so I have to have it. I refuse to support Windows 10 though.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

foxpup

#19 Post by foxpup »

Burn_IT wrote:- my business is PC support and most of my customers use Windows software so I have to have it. I refuse to support Windows 10 though.
Same here. At this very moment I am on a windows7 machine at work. But I wish I was not. :/

Limbomusic

well

#20 Post by Limbomusic »

We all love and use puppy linux - no doubt about that :-)
And I do agree that win10 is slower than puppy - in use - BUT if u have ssd drive and at least 4gb ram... win10 works pretty good and fast.

I use puppy and windows sort of 50/50 - Would like to use puppy all the time but theres still stuff I need windows for - like playing games and some apps.
------------------
BUT - we're forgetting the original poster here :-)
How did it go jmaymig? Did you manage to boot your machine with puppy?
Anything we can do to help?