Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 19:42
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
fakeroot error -lazypuppy's make-deb-pkg app in dpup-stretch
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
belham2

PostPosted: Wed 08 Mar 2017, 14:23    Post subject:  fakeroot error -lazypuppy's make-deb-pkg app in dpup-stretch  

Hi all,

Anyone (or Lazypuppy, you still around??) have any experience with Lazypuppy's Make-Deb-Package app? Here is the begining of the script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash -a
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Make .deb Package from Directory
# 2014-05-16 RSH for LazY Puppy

export LC_ALL=C

# Submitted directory
BUILDDIR="$1"

# Get Application Directory
#--------------------------
APPDIR="$(dirname "$(readlink -f "$0")")"
#APPDIR="`dirname "$0"`" # Application Directory
APPDIRAPP="`basename "$0"`" # Application Name
APPDIRDIR="`dirname "$APPDIR"`" # Directory of Application Directory
[ "$APPDIR" = "." ] && APPDIR="`pwd`"
export APPDIR="$APPDIR"
#export APPDIR=`dirname "$0"`
[ $APPDIR = '.' ] && export APPDIR=`pwd`

...and here is the ending of the script, where the error occurs (on line 196---the "fakeroot" line near the end)).
Code:
if [ "$EXIT" = "OK" ]; then

if [ "$RUNGUI" = "true" ]; then
      echo "$CONTROLFILEDATA" > "$CONTROLFILE"
   fi
   # Update some existing un-edited data, that needs to have proper content
   sed -i 's|YOUR_ARCH_HERE|i386|' "$CONTROLFILE"
   sed -i 's|YOUR_VERSION_HERE|'$APPVERSION'|' "$CONTROLFILE"
   sed -i 's|YOUR_MAIL_HERE|no-mail-address@nomailaddress.nomail|' "$CONTROLFILE"
   sed -i 's|YOUR_NAME_HERE|MakeDEBPackage-GUI|' "$CONTROLFILE"
   sed -i 's|DEPENDENCIES_HERE (e.g.: dependency1, dependency2)| |' "$CONTROLFILE"

(
     mkdir "$BUILDDIR"_newbuild
     fakeroot dpkg-deb -b "$BUILDDIR" "$BUILDDIR"_newbuild/
echo " ----------------------"
echo "If there are no errors shown above, the package has been build."
) 2>&1 | yad --title="Make .deb Package" --text-info --text="  <span foreground='dark green'><b>Building deb package...</b></span> " --height=270 --width=650 --wrap --tail --button="gtk-close:0" && sync

fi

exit 0

# End

I've used this app in all the Ubuntu/Xenial/DebianDog pups with no problems over the past few years, but in these new dpup-stretch-700 builds, the app (even on a simple folder/directory like shown in the pic below) is constantly throwing up this "Fakeroot" error (as shown in the pic below). I don't understand, since PPM clearly shows what the error says is missing is actually installed (plus I went to each directory, and they are there). Could any of the murga guru coders to a quick look and maybe have any ideas, tips, or hints what is happening and how I could get this app to work?? I went back and tested it on 3 of the debiandog pups, and it ran flawlessly, on much harder, more extensive folder/directories. But these darn dpup-stretches....whew.. Rolling Eyes
error-when-using-Lazypuppys-make-deb-package-app.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   60.65 KB
 Viewed   141 Time(s)

error-when-using-Lazypuppys-make-deb-package-app.jpg

MochiMoppel

PostPosted: Wed 08 Mar 2017, 22:23    Post subject: Re: fakeroot error -lazypuppy's make-deb-pkg app in dpup-stretch  

belham2 wrote:
I don't understand, since PPM clearly shows what the error says is missing is actually installed (plus I went to each directory, and they are there)
The point is not what PPM says or if a file called fakeroot exists *somewhere*. It has to be in the PATH or it has to be in the working directory of the script. Is it?

Add a line like
Code:
echo -e "APPDIR:$APPDIR\nPWD:$PWD\nPATH:$PATH"
just in front of the line that starts with fakeroot dpkg-deb ..., then compare the output with the output on distros that work.
belham2

PostPosted: Fri 10 Mar 2017, 14:16    Post subject: Re: fakeroot error -lazypuppy's make-deb-pkg app in dpup-stretch  

MochiMoppel wrote:
belham2 wrote:
I don't understand, since PPM clearly shows what the error says is missing is actually installed (plus I went to each directory, and they are there)
The point is not what PPM says or if a file called fakeroot exists *somewhere*. It has to be in the PATH or it has to be in the working directory of the script. Is it?

Add a line like
Code:
echo -e "APPDIR:$APPDIR\nPWD:$PWD\nPATH:$PATH"
just in front of the line that starts with fakeroot dpkg-deb ..., then compare the output with the output on distros that work.

Hi Mochi,

Thanks for hitting me with a brick between the eyes when I needed it, haha Laughing Once I read what you wrote, and saw what you wanted me to put in Lazypup's build-deb-package script, I knew it was going to be a simple matter of tracking down a symlink problem. Sure enough, looking at a system that worked, and one that didn't, I found it, put the symlinks in, and all is good. I wrote down your APPDIR path script command on a 3x5 card so I remember to use it the next time something like this happens.

By the way, I am featuring your QuickView File Manager in a new woof-CE dpup-stretch buid I am doing. It has its rightful place beside PCManFM & Rox, and its dual pane window keeps drawing me back to using it when I need to look overall at things or hunt thru directories Smile

Wish more pup build makers would start putting Quickview in their pups...I really think people would like it the more exposed they get to it. It is a great addition to our arsenal of weapons for file managers.

Thanks again for the Lazpup script help/tip...I'd still be staring at it if it wasn't for you Wink
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
Jump to: