missing USBHID drivers in Wary 4.3

Using applications, configuring, problems
Simon9

missing USBHID drivers in Wary 4.3

#1 Post by Simon9 »

I have a NEXT USB controller I picked up off of amazon for a couple of bucks. I'm running wary 4.3 on a Dell Dimension 3000. I've tried QJoypad and Joystick/JCalibrator, both of them complain they don't detect usable devices on /dev.

When I run lsusb, I can see the device lists on the Bus as a Personal Communication Systems Inc. device, bus 003. Modprobe joydev kicks off okay but doesn't say anything. Modprobe usbhid however states FATAL: module is missing or something like that.

So, I checked the kernel driver path for usbhid drivers and they appear to be missing entirely. The weird part is is that my keyboard and mouse work fine, which had been a problem with newer rolls of Wary on this machine.

I'm confused on how to proceed. I don't think the controller is listing/usable under /dev/ (apps are complaining they aren't) but I'm green enough that if it was lying, I wouldn't know. I do know that the driver location for usbhid seems to be misisng, but I'm at a complete loss for how to address that problem. I'm guessing if I can fix that, I can get it working.
Last edited by Simon9 on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 16:39, edited 6 times in total.

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Why are you using such an old Puppy? Hardware problems are often solved with a new version.