You have heard of Kodibuntu -- Here is Kodipup.

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
B164D2

#16 Post by B164D2 »

Thanks Lassar, this is good. Was having a play with LibreElec but wanted a usb pendrive with Kodi and a bit more. Have actually got a lot more thanks to all the hard work that has been put into Puppy.
I have the same setup as rufwoof connected to the television but Kodipup allows me to try out stuff on the laptop before putting it on the Nexbox. The A95X handles Kodi really well and has a large external hard drive connected which carries all my photos, videos and music, so I can see a slideshow of my holiday snaps whilst listening to '70s rock. :lol:

Lassar

kodipup-ver-5.2j-xenial64.iso is out.

#17 Post by Lassar »

kodipup-ver-5.2j-xenial64.iso is out.

The last kodipup had a bug in that using the Vista MCE VRC-1100 remote
pressing the green start button in kodi would bring up another kodi program.

So you could end up with multiple kodi programs running.

Also I think I finally got the firewall to come up automatically.

Serengeti

#18 Post by Serengeti »

Hello,

I'm a Linux newbie and decided to try this build with Virtualbox 5.1.30 (on Windows). I performed a full install on a 10gb ext4 partition in a virtual hard disk. Most things (including Kodi) work fine, but I have a couple of problems:

1) The mouse movement is erratic
2) I can't set the resolution

I figured that maybe I need to install Virtualbox extensions to solve both these problems, so I followed this guide: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81705

But there is a problem: When I click on the "VBoxLinuxAdditions.run" file in the VBoxGuestAdditions.iso in order to perform the installation, I get this message:

"Not enough space left in /tmp (0 Kb) to decompress /mnt/+root+.usr+share+virtualbox+VBoxGuestAdditions.iso/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run (7852KB). Consider setting TMPDIR to a directory with more free space."

I have set the enviromental variable TMPDIR to another directory I created, but it makes no difference. How can I overcome this and complete the installation ?

Thanks

Lassar

#19 Post by Lassar »

Frankly I have no idea why you are having trouble with virtualbox.

Why don't you dualboot your hardrive using lick v1.2.

Or use rufus and install it to a thumbnail drive to boot off of.

Serengeti

#20 Post by Serengeti »

Well, it all started with the idea of watching Kodi while doing other stuff too on an old computer that runs Windows XP. So dual boot or USB-boot wouldn't be practical in this case. Kodi does work fine, I think the only problem is the installation of Virtualbox Guest additions. I wonder why Pup doesn't have enough disk space to decompress the iso image, when the disk is mostly empty.

gonkbag

#21 Post by gonkbag »

Hello
and thank you for building.
I'm having two issues.
First, I have to quit kodi to connect to my wireless, it's not automatic like all the other puppies I've tried, not a big deal just a pain in the proverbial.
Second, and far more frustrating is kodi doesn't seem to find/load ~/.kodi it's all there, the addons etc but it's like a fresh install.
The save file has plenty of space left and loads the keyboard layout etc.
I shall do some tinkering and maybe create a new save but any help would be appreciated.

EDIT
ok I solved the first one by getting my wireless driver to load at boot up, and the the addons where there just disabled for some reason.
So once again big thanks from me

futuretom

Not saving

#22 Post by futuretom »

I have this running on an old toshiba laptop and everything is smooth, except it is losing all changes on reboot. Any idea why?