Onlyoffice (formerly Teamlab Office)

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
disciple

Onlyoffice (formerly Teamlab Office)

#1 Post by disciple »

People might like to check this one out https://www.onlyoffice.com/
The cloud version is HTML5 Canvas based and is like an open source alternative to Google docs, so you can host your own instance, sign up for commercial use of their service, or use a free personal account (https://personal.onlyoffice.com/).
It is supposed to be good for real time collaboration, like Google Docs. It provides access to previous versions of a file, but it looks to me like there is no feature to compare versions, like Google Docs has.
You can connect it to Google Drive, Dropbox etc.
It uses the Microsoft file formats natively, and supposedly has better formatting fidelity than Microsoft's OfficeOnline (which is also free, along with the MS Office apps for Android, if you weren't aware, and if you are willing to set up a Microsoft account!).
It will import and export libreoffice formats - when you try to open one it wants to convert it to the Microsoft format and work in that, but provides an option to also save changes back to the original format!
The actual functionality is relatively limited, so even though it looks just like Word, Excel and Powerpoint, it isn't a real ribbon, just one giant toolbar (or you can switch to a compact toolbar).
There are other tools for email, invoicing, gantt charts, etc. These aren't available using personal.onlyoffice.com - I guess they are available for hosting your own service, but I haven't investigated.

There is also a desktop application using QT5, which works with both local and online files.
And there are iphone and android apps which I haven't tried, although the mobile web version seems to work well.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

I haven't tried the latest version, but apparently it introduces macro support (in javascript).
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

Hello disciple.

Thanks for the URL. However, no luck here.

I just tried to try it.
-- It is generally as slow as molasses asked to flow at -15 C -- for any operation.
-- I could not write anything in their document editor. No response from the keyboard.
This from the U_Light browser, a Firefox derivative.

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)