Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Anniekin

Android puppy?

#1 Post by Anniekin »

Anyone wanna collaborate on this?

s243a

Re: Android puppy?

#2 Post by s243a »

Anniekin wrote:Anyone wanna collaborate on this?
I'll test it. Will it be like The complete Linux Installer or Linux Deply?

bark_bark_bark

#3 Post by bark_bark_bark »

I would have no problem with this as long as it doesn't require a rooted phone.

s243a

#4 Post by s243a »

bark_bark_bark wrote:I would have no problem with this as long as it doesn't require a rooted phone.
The downside of trying to make it work with non-rooted devices is that it will have to reside in the same folder as the terminal emulator.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

You can buy a Tracfone Alcatel One Touch Pixie Glitch [!] Android phone at Walmart drug stores and, I'm sure, many other stores, for about $20. It has a touch-screen and is small enough to carry in a shirt pocket, though its weight drags down a T-shirt. A small price to pay for all its features. $20 is less than I paid for any of the many mp3 players I've owned.

I assume that Tracfone makes its money selling minutes. I don't use my Tracfone for a phone except when I go on a trip, but I can always use it to dial 911 even if the minutes are expired. It also has a built-in FM radio that works fine, and built-in wi-fi and bluetooth. I take mine to my library, log on to their wi-fi network and download audio books through an app called Overdrive.

So here's my question: Can I try out Puppy and still be able to go back to the way the phone is now, with the apps I've installed, etc.?

Anniekin

#6 Post by Anniekin »

I bought a cracked LG Flex with bad esn off Craigslist for $40, it was the best phone I ever owned, the hardware was stellar