How to install guest additions in virtualbox for Xerus?

Booting, installing, newbie
linux1021

How to install guest additions in virtualbox for Xerus?

#1 Post by linux1021 »

Hi! Anyone knows the step by step instructions for installing guest additions in virtualbox for puppy linux (mainly xerus puppy), thanks in advance for your time and help. 8)

TechnoShaman

mmm

#2 Post by TechnoShaman »

Guest additions are to be installed inside the hosted operating system (the machine that you're "emulating").
It's the same procedure on every virtualbox, it doesn't change if you have puppy or ubuntu or windows or bsd or osx, it's platform independent.
But you have to load/install Oracle VM VirtualBox Extensions from File/Preferences/Extensions first.
Make sure to match the extensions and the guest additions with your version of virtual box, say virtualbox v5.14 then use extensions v5.14 and additions v5.14.

linux1021

#3 Post by linux1021 »

Hi! TechnoShaman

I have done installation of guest additions on debian and rpm based distros but puppy is different. Can you please tell me the step by step instructions for puppy based (meanly xerus, xenial based puppy) distro? Thanks for your time and help in advance.

TechnoShaman

#4 Post by TechnoShaman »

linux1021 wrote:Hi! TechnoShaman
I have done installation of guest additions on debian and rpm based distros but puppy is different.
It isn't different at all.

See for yourself.

It's the same on every operating system.Period.