Puppy Equivalent of "update-desktop-database"?

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
s243a

Puppy Equivalent of "update-desktop-database"?

#1 Post by s243a »

What is the puppy equivalent of "update-desktop-database"?

I'm trying to modify a slakcbuild script of synergy of synergy (1.7.5)

The reason is that the newer the version of synergy available for tahrpup is too old to work with the version available for slaco.

The above command apears in the script doinstall.sh which is part of the slckbuild archive "synergy.tar.gz ".

Code: Select all

if [ -x /usr/bin/update-desktop-database ]; then
  /usr/bin/update-desktop-database -q usr/share/applications >/dev/null 2>&1
fi

if [ -e usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache ]; then
  if [ -x /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache ]; then
    /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache usr/share/icons/hicolor >/dev/null 2>&1
  fi
fi
For now I'll comment out the part of the script which calls "doinstall.sh" but if there is a useful puppy equivalent then I'll add it.

I've made some modifications to "synergy.Slackbuild" now called "synergy-core.Slackbild" because the source link on the slackbuild site didn't work and the equivalent version on github had the name core.
https://github.com/symless/synergy-core ... ble.tar.gz

I'll upload my script updates shortly and hopefully a built package.

s243a

#2 Post by s243a »

I haven't tested this yet but the built package can be found at:https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8bsrxzf0jruj ... e.pet?dl=0

Compiled in tahrpup 6.0.6 (32 bit version inside a virtual machine)

My modified build script is attached. I'll test it before the weekend ends (hopefully before the weekend).

P.S. I should probably add the build version to the pet name and maybe list some dependencies. However, I didn't need to install any dependencies so I'm not sure if I should list them.
Attachments
synergy-core.SlackBuild.zip
(2.01 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

Hello, s543a.

I just looked at your URL. The "synergy" concept is interesting, but I'm a complete
stranger in these lands, I'm afraid.

Good luck.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

s243a

#4 Post by s243a »

musher0 wrote:Hello, s543a.

I just looked at your URL. The "synergy" concept is interesting, but I'm a complete
stranger in these lands, I'm afraid.

Good luck.
I updated the download link. The pet works now (in tharpup 6.0.6). I haven't updated the build scripts though that I attached to my last post. I had an error in it where I specified one directory to high when using dir2pet.

There is also some cleanup that I should do that I mentioned above such as version naming and maybe dependencies.