Compiling and installing Imagemagick-6.3.6.9 in Slacko-64

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
beringstraat

Compiling and installing Imagemagick-6.3.6.9 in Slacko-64

#1 Post by beringstraat »

Hello.

I’m an ex DSL user.
It is no longer possible to use it on a contemporary laptop. I had some favorite apps, such as Soundtracker and imagemagick. I’m used to the versions available in DSL.

Meanwhile I’ve managed to propre install Soundtracker in Puppy Lucid and Slacko (after changing the file called ‘config.sub’).
Imagemagick I could only install in Lucid so far. I allready tried IM from the repository in Slacko but, very soon I saw that it had changed to much and, that I had to forget all tricks and commands I had gathered. I was allready able to install it without errors (after having installed zlib and libpng) but, when I wanted to display a png image it did’nt work at all. Than I made the ‘make check’ command and came out at:

lt-rwblob: Aplication was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.58
lt-rwblob: Aplication is running with png.c from libpng-1.4.12
lt-rwblob: Incompathible libpng version in aplication and library
lt-rwblob: memory alocation failed

So I went searching for that png.c file but, can’t find it, exept from a png.c file in the package directory from libpng12. I also saw that in PSlacko there are 2 libpng versions 12 and 14. I then took away 14 but, then the system is to disturbed.
It didn’t work anyway. I alo tried to put some links to png.h called png.c but nothing. And installing with ‘--LDFLAGS and --CFLAGS or --disable-shared’ gave no resold neither.
What can I still try now?
I saw a simular threat which was solved with ‘setting PATH to a minimum’. Can anyone tell me what it means?

don570

#2 Post by don570 »

Your version of imagemagick is too recent for Lucid

However....
slacko 7 (64 bit) has libpng 1.4.5
https://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/p ... .4.5-s.pet

In situations like this I go launchpad and make a search for old packages
https://launchpad.net/imagemagick/+packages