How to Use Spotify in 64-bit Tahrpup? (Solved)

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
Victorious

How to Use Spotify in 64-bit Tahrpup? (Solved)

#1 Post by Victorious »

I apologize if this is a stupid question. I just started using Puppy Linux, and I've been trying to figure out how to either 1) use the Spotify web player or 2) install Spotify. I'm using Tahrpup 6.0.5 64 bit.

1) I'm using the Pale Moon browser that came with the OS. Using GetFlash, I was able to install flashplayer-11.2.202.540-x86_64_20151027. It shows me that a newer version is available, but when I try to update, I get an error message. So even though I think I do have an older version of flash installed, when I try to go to the Spotify web player, it tells me I need flash.

My next thought was to try using Chrome instead of Pale Moon, but I'm having trouble installing it. I tried both going to the Chrome site and installing the Ubuntu version of it, and also clicking on the install icon on my desktop and installing the Chromium browser. Both methods failed. Using the install icon resulted in an error message telling me that certain packages are not available.

2) Next I tried installing the program. I found some PET and SFS files on the Internet, and one of them even put the Spotify icon in the multimedia menu, but when I click on the icon, nothing happens. Even after restarting, clicking on Spotify does nothing at all.

What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by Victorious on Sun 30 Jul 2017, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

p310don

#2 Post by p310don »

Install Chrome or Chromium from the Quickpet icon on the desktop. They are made to run in Puppy.

Then go to play.spotify.com and it should work.

Victorious

#3 Post by Victorious »

I've seen a lot of people talking about quickpet, but I don't seem to have it. How can I get it?

Victorious

#4 Post by Victorious »

It looks like I wasn't using the latest version of tahrpup, but after doing bugfix, the quickpet icon appeared, and I was able to install Spotify easily. Thank you for the help.