Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 13 Dec 2019, 12:20
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Create Debian 9 (Stretch) minimal ISO similar to DebianDog
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 42 of 103 [1533 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, ..., 101, 102, 103 Next
Pelo

PostPosted: Mon 25 Sep 2017, 07:13    Post subject: well so there is no trouble.  

well so there is no trouble.. To try ISobooter a Dog had to be included. I choose one, but my purpose was to boot it, install it, as you say..
I have nothing to hide, my Goal is to Keep Puppy Linux the most popular, the most downloaded, and the most easy to use. That needs updating reviews everywhere.
And i really think that devs want the contrary, not to be disturbed by users. and do Puppy buiding as others do body buiding,
Keep on the matter : Puppy should wonder about Dogs, really good work, passengers has nothing to do, no need to give help to the crew.
Only one page to test if ISObooter does it. One page among 42 is not many.. compared to Porteus and others
About Stretch Josejp2424 has realesead a Puppy Pupjibaro Stretch 64 bits, outside the vacuum US communauty. Spanish spoken is better, but US passengers are accepted. We shall help the best than we can. Try it. To give some ideas or simply to use it, daily.

Last edited by Pelo on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 18:13; edited 1 time in total
fredx181

PostPosted: Mon 25 Sep 2017, 14:50    Post subject:  

Hi Pelo. No trouble, OK, but again I only understand half of what you write, sorry.

What are "devs" ? Is there some "United nations" of devs, to who are you talking? And why on earth "devs" don't want to disturbed by users ?!
Many posts with helpful replies there are from "devs" to "users" in many threads.
I taste criticism in what you write but you don't propose anything about how things can be better in your opinion.
This thread is about building a Dog system yourself. Are you not interested ? perfectly OK, still friends !
Get to the point Pelo ! Don't speak in general terms please.

Quote:
Only one page to test if ISObooter does it. One page among 42 is not many.. compared to Porteus and others

Je ne comprend pas
Quote:
Keep on the matter : Puppy should wonder about Dogs, really good work, passengers has nothing to do, no need to give help to the crew.

Je ne comprend pas, excusez moi Wink

EDIT: The last sentence, for example, if you load it in e.g. google translate and translate to french, does it make any sense for you ?

Fred
dancytron

PostPosted: Mon 25 Sep 2017, 15:10    Post subject:  

Somewhat along those lines, maybe it is time to do a Debian Stretch ISO for general distribution. I'd recommend using the "Full Debian Dog Open Box XFCE-JWM" version, but that is just personal taste.

I think the mklive-stretch script has been adequately debugged at this point and it would make DD more accessible to the "passengers" (to use Pelo's term) and get more people using it in different configurations and squashing bugs.
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Mon 25 Sep 2017, 15:28    Post subject:  

This is FileFinder ported from Puppy.

Remove the fake .gz extension.
screenie.png
 Description   
 Filesize   20.96 KB
 Viewed   643 Time(s)

screenie.png

filefinder_2.4.deb.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  filefinder_2.4.deb.gz 
Filesize  7.41 KB 
Downloaded  102 Time(s) 
fredx181

PostPosted: Mon 25 Sep 2017, 16:12    Post subject:  

dancytron wrote:
Somewhat along those lines, maybe it is time to do a Debian Stretch ISO for general distribution. I'd recommend using the "Full Debian Dog Open Box XFCE-JWM" version, but that is just personal taste.

I think the mklive-stretch script has been adequately debugged at this point and it would make DD more accessible to the "passengers" (to use Pelo's term) and get more people using it in different configurations and squashing bugs.

For some time I've been thinking that it wouldn't make sense to open new thread with new ISO release, since it's so easy now to build your own.

But yes, I'll think about it.
Maybe 32 and 64 bit release of the Open Box XFCE-JWM version in one thread with added a (64bit) chrome version (you have suggestion for that, maybe?)

@all
Added to the base files for the build, the repository source (from ubuntuzilla) for seamonkey
So can be added to the install list, package name: seamonkey-mozilla-build

Or, how to install seamonkey, version 2.48 (now) on existing build:
Code:
# download signed key
wget -P /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/ https://debiandog.github.io/MakeLive/gpg/ubuntuzilla.seamonkey.gpg
# add ubuntuzilla repository
echo "deb http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/mozilla/apt all main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/seamonkey.list
apt-get update
apt-get install seamonkey-mozilla-build

Fred
Pelo

PostPosted: Mon 25 Sep 2017, 18:18    Post subject: Voilà bien la différence, une ISO toute prête  

Voilà bien la différence, une ISO toute prête ou une ISO à bâtir
Something strange we can download release candidate, bêta if you like, and downloading of final release would not be possible ?
Dancytron is in my way of thought, i let him argue.
I should not have give any opinion, that was an error. Just use what i find in ally's stores, whatever the name , released or bêta, but ready for use.

Pelo

PostPosted: Mon 25 Sep 2017, 19:25    Post subject: SSR simplescreenrecorder  

Weav, Wex in menu multimedia for screencast, but people used to SSR simplescreenrecorder can use it too (synaptic for install) . Sfs Xvidcap from Puppy stores will run DebianDogs
video lovers informed , for tutorials too.

dancytron

PostPosted: Mon 25 Sep 2017, 22:40    Post subject:  

fredx181 wrote:

For some time I've been thinking that it wouldn't make sense to open new thread with new ISO release, since it's so easy now to build your own.

Maybe 32 and 64 bit release of the Open Box XFCE-JWM version in one thread with added a (64bit) chrome version (you have suggestion for that, maybe?)

Fred

I don't know if you need a separate ISO for Chrome, since it is so easy to install. Maybe add a .deb to your repo with the two scripts, the .desktop files and whatever setting file adds it to pcmanfm run as menu.
fredx181

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep 2017, 09:26    Post subject:  

Made a small change to quick-remaster GUI:
- When checked "Merge currently loaded modules e.g. .squashfs or .sfs also into the remaster", the 'extra' .squashfs module(s) in the 'live' folder will be renamed to .squashfs.bak (disabled this way)
The extra modules are not needed anymore, because already merged in the main filesystem.squashfs, so might as well be deleted.
Install from synaptic or from terminal:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install quick-remaster # will install version 1.1.1

EDIT 2017-09-30 : bugfix, do not remove /etc/rc.d from cleaning section in script.
Removing /etc/rc.d would break peasywifi and peasyfwmon
Install from synaptic or from terminal:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install quick-remaster # will install version 1.1.2

EDIT: And FileFinder added to repositories (thanks rcrsn51 !)
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install filefinder

@rodiontw
Thanks !!
And... Welcome !!

Fred
new-quick-remaster.png
 Description   Merge will disable 'extra' modules
 Filesize   9.89 KB
 Viewed   401 Time(s)

new-quick-remaster.png

Last edited by fredx181 on Sat 30 Sep 2017, 16:40; edited 2 times in total
rodiontw

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep 2017, 09:55    Post subject:  

Fred, could you please upload an ISO of DD Stretch? An ISO upload here for the users in general would be very nice, specially for those who do not have the time or possibility of making their own ISO, since you probably already have some ready ISO`s for use.
Thanks.
saintless

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep 2017, 10:49    Post subject:  

fredx181 wrote:

Building iso image with this script will make different iso versions even if the configuration is the same with some packages updated or outdated depending on the time of building.
It will be best to have same base for testing and bugs fixing with the same md5sum. After Squeeze, Wheezy and Jessie there is nothing wrong to have DebianDog-Stretch version. In my opinion 32-bit and 64-bit in separate threads is better instead both in one thread.

Toni

backi

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep 2017, 11:21    Post subject:  

We had earlier some discussions about to make a separate section for the "Dogs " on the Forum because Topics and Threads becoming more and more chaotic .
Just want to remind again on the discussion from here :
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=111553&start=15

Somehow the discussion went into Nirwana .Would be nice to keep the Idea alive .

Regards !
fredx181

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep 2017, 11:30    Post subject:  

rodiontw wrote:
Fred, could you please upload an ISO of DD Stretch? An ISO upload here for the users in general would be very nice, specially for those who do not have the time or possibility of making their own ISO, since you probably already have some ready ISO`s for use.
Thanks.

Well, if I'm going to upload an ISO it will be not here, but in dedicated Stretch Dog thread, sorry.
But if someone else want to share a build, it's okay for me, of course.
There is a Stretch Dog beta version here, btw (in case you haven't seen):
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=959770#959770
It's pretty stable from what I tested.

@belham
Quote:
P.S. Fred, quit stealing my gif, lol! Wink That's my 'got-to' gif when I am at the limit and can't take it anymore.

No!! It's mine now, but you can borrow it maybe if you ask me v-e-e-e-e-ry polite Laughing

Fred
mikeslr

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep 2017, 11:35    Post subject: Debian 9 Stretch minimal ISOs would be appreciated  

rodiontw and especially saintless +1

@ backi, the Forum uses an old version of phpBB. As I understand it, there are significant limits to how much it can be modified. While it would be nice if 'the Dogs' had their own SubForum, that's up to the Maintainer and Moderators.

mikesLr
fredx181

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep 2017, 13:04    Post subject:  

@rodiontw

fredx181 wrote:
There is a Stretch Dog beta version here, btw (in case you haven't seen):
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=959770#959770
It's pretty stable from what I tested.

Not so stable, forgot to mention about a (big) bug:
Booting from FAT32 using porteus-boot doesn't work with that version.
Fixed now for when making a new build though.

Fred

Page 42 of 103 [1533 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, ..., 101, 102, 103 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: