NEW puppybt + bluez-tray + bluez5

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
petihar

#16 Post by petihar »

Bonjour Pro,

Thank you for your answer :wink:
If i found way for launch bluetoothd daemon without Dbus system session, i change puppybt and remove check Dbus session.
Fine, but is that possible? Because:
Launch dbus is Distribution problem, need configure you distro.
I don't know how.

Have a nice day and thanks again for your help.
petihar

Pro

#17 Post by Pro »

Some distributive not have launched Dbus "system" session, but have a "user" session.

Example for start system session
dbus-uuidgen --ensure
dbus-daemon --system

petihar

#18 Post by petihar »

Hi Pro,
bluetooth seems to work very well on the csipesz upupbb derivative :
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=113512
Well recognized peripherals. I managed to send a picture of my phone to the pc but not the other way around. I haven't been able to send music from the phone to the pc via vlc either but I think it should be easy to resolve.
Here, this is for your information, maybe this one will be useful to you?
Yours, petihar

Pro

#19 Post by Pro »

Thank you.
Pair device work?

For send music, i use /etc/asoundrc. If you have ~/asoundrc, may be my file not applied...

tenochslb

#20 Post by tenochslb »

On Puppy Tahr 6.0.6 64bit using puppybt-5.7-bluez5.50_64-pr01.sfs

Thanks for this much needed software in puppy linux.
Attachments
capture17529.png
(10.24 KiB) Downloaded 624 times

Pro

#21 Post by Pro »

tenochslb wrote:On Puppy Tahr 6.0.6 64bit using puppybt-5.7-bluez5.50_64-pr01.sfs
dbus-uuidgen --ensure
dbus-daemon --system

tenochslb

#22 Post by tenochslb »

pro
dbus-uuidgen --ensure
dbus-daemon --system
command:

Code: Select all

dbus-uuidgen --ensure
no problem,

however, the command;

root# dbus-daemon --system
Failed to start message bus: The pid file "/var/run/dbus/dbus.pid" exists, if the message bus is not running, remove this file 
If I erase the file mentioned, dbus-daemon --system works but puppybt continues to fail.

Pro

#23 Post by Pro »

tenochslb wrote:pro
If I erase the file mentioned, dbus-daemon --system works but puppybt continues to fail.
in my system exist file /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket

May be for testing you commented string 14 in script puppybt?
Also good test from root:
killall bluetoothd
bluetoothd
if no errors - dbus session work good and my check not need.

tenochslb

#24 Post by tenochslb »

In my system exist file /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket
I also have the file /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket.
May be for testing you commented string 14 in script puppybt?
I commented out line 14 as you suggested and now the feedback from terminal is this,

root# puppybt 
bluetoothd: /lib/libdbus-1.so.3: no version information available (required by bluetoothd)
D-Bus setup failed: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
Failed to open connection to "system" message bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
Scanning ...
Failed to open connection to "system" message bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
/usr/bin/puppybt: line 462: 25357 Terminated              gtkdialog -c --program=process
[/quote]
Attachments
capture21395.png
(15.44 KiB) Downloaded 602 times

Pro

#25 Post by Pro »

tenochslb wrote:Failed to open connection to "system" message bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
puppybt run from root?

tenochslb

#26 Post by tenochslb »

puppybt run from root?
Yes, always as root.

Pro

#27 Post by Pro »

tenochslb wrote:Failed to open connection to "system" message bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
may be need restart dbus for read /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf
I launch Tahr 6.0.5 virtual machine, use command

/etc/init.d/messagebus reload
for load config /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf

you load puppybt.sfs on system boot, or use manual load sfs?

Pro

#28 Post by Pro »

FOR ALL MAINTEINER:
1. I think it's better to load sfs at system startup. sfs have udev rules and startup script /etc/xdg/autostart/bluetooth.desktop for autostart tray applet. For ROX panel may be need change autostart method.
2. The structure of the module will vary slightly for different distributions. This is normal because the location of the files in different distributions is different (for example /lib/udev or /usr/lib/udev)

gyro

#29 Post by gyro »

I'm running upupbb 18.05.

I got "puppybt" to run but I could not get it to pair with my bluetooth mouse.

I edited "puppybt" to change line 14 from

[ -e /run/dbus/system_bus_socket ]
to

[ -e /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket ]

I ran "bluetooth.sh", it seemed to run to completion, but it produced no output.
I then ran "puppybt".

A "scanning" thingy appeared on the screen, and it seemed to find something but neither "pair" button produced a sucessful pair.

gyro

Pro

#30 Post by Pro »

gyro wrote:I'm running upupbb 18.05.

I got "puppybt" to run but I could not get it to pair with my bluetooth mouse.
sorry i dont now way for connect mouse via bluez5, may be you send me screen puppybt with recognized mouse and bluetoothctl info you_mac_moise

I think that the mouse should be connected automatically at boot time and the configuration should be done only once. We will strive for this, in the script bluetooth.sh reserved string for connect hid (mouse, keyboard etc.).
I edited "puppybt" to change line 14 from
i change script on github, line 14 not need how.

I ran "bluetooth.sh", it seemed to run to completion, but it produced no output. 
this script for launch applet on start panel ex. Lxpanel. Not needed for puppybt.

gyro

#31 Post by gyro »

Pro wrote:sorry i dont now way for connect mouse via bluez5, may be you send me screen puppybt with recognized mouse and bluetoothctl info you_mac_moise
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately it's not a high priority for me at the moment, and I need to research bluetoothctl. So it may be a little while before I get back with more info.

gyro

gyro

#32 Post by gyro »

Ok, I got puppybt to recognise, pair, and connect to my Logitech M337 bluetooth mouse. And the mouse works fine.
The difference is that I unpaired it from Windows 8, on the same machine, before I tried it on Puppy.

But when I reboot, I've got to manually run puppybt and connect to the mouse again.
How do I get it to automatically connect on reboot?

gyro

gyro

#33 Post by gyro »

gyro wrote:But when I reboot, I've got to manually run puppybt and connect to the mouse again.
How do I get it to automatically connect on reboot?
Well I sorted this too.
I appended "AutoEnable=true" to /etc/bluetooth/main.conf.
And I made a symbolic link from /usr/bin/bluetooth.sh to /root/Startup/bluetooth.sh.

On reboot, I get a blue bluetooth icon in my tray, and my bluetooth mouse works.

gyro

Pro

#34 Post by Pro »

Jwm not use xdg? I launch bluetooth.sh from /etc/xdg/autostart/ this way work for all standart desktop.

Thanks you, i change main.conf and enable option by default

gyro

#35 Post by gyro »

Pro wrote:Jwm not use xdg? I launch bluetooth.sh from /etc/xdg/autostart/ this way work for all standart desktop
No, it does not, at least it doesn't in the Puppies I use, e.g. xenialpup, upupbb.
gyro