OMRON blood pressure monitor analysis software

Miscellaneous tools
Mike Walsh

OMRON blood pressure monitor analysis software

#1 Post by Mike Walsh »

Evening, all.

This is a subject that's close to my heart.....literally!!

I've been trawling the web in recent days to see exactly what AppImages I can find that will work with Puppy. Following my recent heart attack back in February, I was really chuffed to find this AppImage that works with Omron blood pressure monitors, and will allow you to analyze the readings your device obtains.

The more upmarket models will allow you to upload the data from your pressure monitor to your computer via USB cable, and the software can then analyze the readings, and offer life-style adjustment advice based on your history. For the more basic models (which covers ours!), you can still enter the data manually.....just takes a wee bit longer.

As with all AppImages, you simply download 'em, make them executable, and click-to-run. To make this particular one easier to manage, I've turned it into an SFS, complete with Menu entry, so that there's no need to keep having to click on the AppImage binary. Makes things tidier, I feel.

(It is, as with so many AppImages, for 64-bit hardware only. It definitely works in Tahr64.....and should work with most other 64-bit Pups. The Slackos may be a bit 'problematic', though...)

For anybody who'd like to avail themselves of this, you can find it here:-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ecqbs8g05 ... pImage.sfs

Needless to say, since you can enter your data manually, it will of course work with any blood pressure monitor.

Hope some of you may find this useful.

Mike. :wink:

drunkjedi

#2 Post by drunkjedi »

I am thinking about buying a BP monitor for my dad.
He refuses the idea though.
Just bookmarking this thread.