ArtfulPup (& Upup-Bionic-Beaver-RC)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
hamoudoudou

how to add repositories in PPM

#391 Post by hamoudoudou »

how to add repositories in PPM
About PPM itself , mine works as it has to work, excepted the famous missing icons, an that is really ennoying..how can you do without them..
Missing in the menu, in the PPM.. Happy who can read the text beside, they can do without icon..
Menu can be translated in your native language, that can help barbarians to do whithout icons;but PPM is only official Linux description, which for most of barbarians does not mean anything.
Of course how to add repositories in PPM is of great interest for Ubuntu (now Debian) apps. Strecth PPM if far more featured tnan xenial one, but less than Xenialdog synaptic.
/etc/apt/sources.list to complete if you install synaptic
What we suggest is to Help Puppy Linux not be a vintage OS, just good for old fashioned process training, compared with Dogs and Live CDs.
Attachments
synaptic.jpg
For try (Josejp2424 successfylly added it to his barbarian Puppies)
(31.91 KiB) Downloaded 1785 times

backi

booting

#392 Post by backi »

Thanks sheldonisaac and the other guys for Support .
Now got artfulpup booting from Folder ! :lol: :lol:

01101001b

Underdog distro is back! At last!

#393 Post by 01101001b »

I write this because I want to really thank for this project. It's still a little unstable in my system (have to reinstall three times so far but I manage) but especially I want to thank for the Underdog feature.
At last! I was looking for that feature for some time now. I know it's a tool almost "vintage" but I'm relatively new to Puppy and when I realized its existence, in the versions I used since, that feature was a missing jewel, 'til now.
Thanks so much!

peebee

#394 Post by peebee »

Update +5 changes ffmpeg to 3.4
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

hamoudoudou

Nice to inform on sourceforge !

#395 Post by hamoudoudou »

27-nov-2017 - 17.11+5 - ffmpeg-3.4 25-nov-2017 - 17.11+4 - PPM database updates 08-nov-2017 - 17.11+3 - openssl update 05-nov-2017 - 17.11+2 - replace cryptsetup with static version from initrd 03-nov-2017 - 17.11+1 - adds cryptsetup; fixes cpu temp in tray 01-nov-2017 - ArtfulPup-17.11 uploaded Howto: - download .delta and put into same directory as base .iso - click on .delta to generate new .iso - check md5 sumcheck of new .iso against *.iso.md5.txt file contents - click on new .iso to open it - copy updated files (usually just puppy*.sfs) to frugal install directory - close new .iso by clicking on it - reboot

Nice : information on sourceforge ! Italian are coming to Puppy Linux..
Is you consider Europe, old Europe is 3500 downloads . Did they succeed install ArtfulPup ? Few speak English.. :?: (excepted UK, of course)
Attachments
archpup.jpg
USA at least Ahead With ThisPuppy
(30.84 KiB) Downloaded 1380 times

sszindian

PPM

#396 Post by sszindian »

In my previous post I inserted an EDIT... possibly it wasn't noticed?

EDIT: 11/26/2017 - Tried loading without the savefile (pfix=ram)... PPM works as it should so the problem appears to be related to my savefile and NOT Artful Pup 17.11+3 version... is there a way to get it back? or do I have to start over? (talking about ALL PPM entries here, they went south :cry: )

>>>---Indian------>
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
[url]http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192[/url]

peebee

Re: PPM

#397 Post by peebee »

sszindian wrote:is there a way to get it back?
>>>---Indian------>
Hard to know without knowing whats been deleted....

In another system:

Compare the hidden directory /root/.packages in your savefolder with the same directory in the puppy.sfs in the .iso - are there any .wh (whiteout) files? If there are try deleting them from the savefolder....
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

peebee

#398 Post by peebee »

Update +6 - pMusic-5.6.1 + Ubuntu updates

peebee

#399 Post by peebee »

Update +7 - ffconvert critical bug fix thanks to @radky

foxpup

feedback

#400 Post by foxpup »

Hello peebee

I installed artfulpup 17.11 frugally on the ssd of an uefi 64bit computer. It boots. The 'trick' is to chainload grub2 from refind and to boot artfulpup then from grub2. Not all versions from grub2 can boot 32bit distro on a 64bit uefi. I found that the grub binaries from puppy/fatdog can, but not grub2 from fedora or clonezilla.

I just had to throw in iwlwifi-7265D-26.ucode and iwlwifi-7265-26.ucode for wifi. Probably just one of these is needed. SNS works alright and I have automatic connection on reboot with it.
Everything I tried works so far.

It is a lovely build you did again, peebee! Thanks! You are a wizard! Too bad support already ends in 2018.

peebee

#401 Post by peebee »

Update +8 - openssl updates

Marv

#402 Post by Marv »

+5, +6, +7, and +8 updates frugal Grub4Dos installed to i5 based laptop (US and De QWERTY keyboard layouts), core 2 duo laptops, and Bay Trail (J19000) desktop. All have run well, Bay Trail desktop being used as samba server. YASSM used to connect on clients. I continue to use the pcmanfm 'integration' from my 24 November post above on all the installs. No heavy multimedia use, Slimjet from SFS continues to be the browser used in all, sylpheed, mtpaint, geany, evince, gnumeric , pet and SFS creation, unsquashing and squashing FS etc. are the main uses. Not missing GVFS :)

Cheers,
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

sszindian

deltas?

#403 Post by sszindian »

Peebee... Question?

Are previous (installs/additions/fixes)'deltas' included in the last delta 8 or does each one have to be installed individually?

Thanks

>>>---Indian------>

peebee

Re: deltas?

#404 Post by peebee »

sszindian wrote:Peebee... Question?

Are previous (installs/additions/fixes)'deltas' included in the last delta 8 or does each one have to be installed individually?

Thanks

>>>---Indian------>
All included

sszindian

delta

#405 Post by sszindian »

Good to know!

Thank you!

>>>---Indian------>

futwerk

#406 Post by futwerk »

new wallpaper.
Attachments
artful22.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/?x4v77bi1p58ox
(48.75 KiB) Downloaded 1165 times
artful21.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/?x4v77bi1p58ox
(48.92 KiB) Downloaded 1181 times

backi

Ubuntu 17.10 Temporarily Pulled Due To A BIOS Corrupting

#407 Post by backi »

Ubuntu 17.10 Temporarily Pulled Due To A BIOS Corrupting Problem .

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page= ... -Corrupter

musher0

Re: Ubuntu 17.10 Temporarily Pulled Due To A BIOS Corrupting

#408 Post by musher0 »

backi wrote:Ubuntu 17.10 Temporarily Pulled Due To A BIOS Corrupting Problem .

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page= ... -Corrupter
Thanks backi.

For everyone's information, mistfire is providing other references to other articles
about it at
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... ost#978053

Would anyone know if this snafu is affecting peebee's ArtfulPup?

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

mavrothal

#409 Post by mavrothal »

If someone looks at the actual bug report, is clear that the Ubuntu-17.10-bricks-some-Lenovo-laptops bug, does not affecet Artfulpup.
The problematic driver (intel_spi) does not even exist in the 4.9.x kernel artfulpup is using.
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

musher0

#410 Post by musher0 »

mavrothal wrote:If someone looks at the actual bug report, is clear that the Ubuntu-17.10-bricks-some-Lenovo-laptops bug, does not affecet Artfulpup.
The problematic driver (intel_spi) does not even exist in the 4.9.x kernel artfulpup is using.
Ah. Many thanks, mavrothal, for reassuring us.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)