Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 20 Sep 2018, 11:27
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
ArtfulPup (& Upup-Bionic-Beaver-RC)
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 48 of 49 [730 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 46, 47, 48, 49 Next
shadowghost

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr 2018, 17:33    Post subject:  

nilsonmorales wrote:
I propose to change the print test page /usr/share/cups/data/default-testpage.pdf (31.7k)
made 2 examples 21.9k and 25k

I like the first image the best, especially if you add a color border. I think there should be two pages printed, so that double sided printers can be verified.

If possible, can you color the Logo with gradients and also embed an image. The embedded image is useful for the times people want to print out photos (they can get a reference how grainy a picture will look when printed)
jrb

PostPosted: Wed 18 Apr 2018, 21:12    Post subject: psync - version?  

Do I detect a new version of psync Question Even though /root/.packages/woof-installed-packages says:
Code:
psync-2.10|psync|2.10||Desktop|40K||psync-2.10.pet|+ntpdate,+gtkdialog3,+gettext&ge0.17.1|Psync Time Server Synchronisation||||
This seems to be a new improved version.

I downloaded psync-2.10 with PPM and it contains the old familiar package. The new one has a whole different filestructure.

This is not a complaint. I quite like the new simpler format, just curious.

UBB running exceedingly well. Very Happy Thanks, J
hamoudoudou

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr 2018, 00:16    Post subject: /default-testpage.pdf (31.7k)  

/default-testpage.pdf (31.7k)
I will try it with.. Artfulpup and feed back in artfupup topic, derivatives.
peebee

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr 2018, 02:08    Post subject: Re: psync - version?  

jrb wrote:
Do I detect a new version of psync Question

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh - there has been a change:

https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/woof-CE/commit/9656e558a4dcf59dcdc9e318d993e98d1968d863#commitcomment-28648672

===========previously:
Not that I know of:

:psync:|pet|Packages-puppy-noarch-official|psync-2.10|psync|2.10||Desktop|40K||psync-2.10.pet|+ntpdate,+gtkdialog3,+gettext&ge0.17.1|Psync Time Server Synchronisation||||

2014 vintage from noarch

tlchost

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr 2018, 20:03    Post subject: Wine  

I'd like to use wine in upup...tried downloading from the package manager...looks like it installed, but doesn't work...also tried a wine pet available in this forum.

Any hints or links would bre greatly appreciated. Thanks
recobayu

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr 2018, 22:47    Post subject:  

my drive icon tobe like this after refreshing drive icon manager.
Screenshot.png
 Description   problem drive icon
 Filesize   13.89 KB
 Viewed   1240 Time(s)

Screenshot.png

jrb

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr 2018, 22:55    Post subject: Re: Wine  

tlchost wrote:
I'd like to use wine in upup...tried downloading from the package manager...looks like it installed, but doesn't work...also tried a wine pet available in this forum.

Any hints or links would bre greatly appreciated. Thanks

I too have a Wine problem. Just noticed because the only .exe program I regularly use is CLI and it works fine. Graphics programs, all of which worked in Artful, are now crashing.

Here's a comparison of starting a program in Artful and Bionic,
Artful:
Code:
# TTSReader
err:menubuilder:init_xdg error looking up the desktop directory
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winebus.sys": libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:winedevice:async_create_driver failed to create driver L"WineBus": c0000142
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} not registered
err:ole:create_server class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} not registered
fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER not supported
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} could be created for context 0x17

Bionic:
Code:
# TTSReader
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winebus.sys": libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:winedevice:async_create_driver failed to create driver L"WineBus": c0000142
err:menubuilder:init_xdg error looking up the desktop directory
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000004 at address 0x7eb7875f (thread 0009), starting debugger...
winedbg: Internal crash at 0x7e93b75f

Difference seems to be "Unhandled page fault" but I haven't a clue how to approach this.

Thanks, J

I should mention I'm using the same wine-2.9.sfs (thanks version2013) and /root/.wine that I used in Artful.
mikeslr

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr 2018, 23:12    Post subject: Wine for Bionic-Beaver  

Hi tlchost,

After installing wine, did you remember to open a terminal and type "wine winecfg"?

Sorry I can't be more help. Working with multiple puppies and dogs, I use portable wine, explained and available here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=971452#971452. However, I recently rebuilt it using version2013's wine 3.3 pet. As only one version of portable wine can be used at a time (they all register as wine-portable-1.0) I can't easily revert to the 2.16 version available from that link.

If I recall correctly, the 2.16 version of wine-portable run under Bionic-Beaver. But since my current version uses Version2013's wine 3.3, I don't know of any reason wine 3.3, itself, installed as a pet, wouldn't also run.

mikesLr

p.s. jrb posted while I was writing. Mostly I use XP portables, and frankly, rarely. But I just opened --nothing more, didn't try to use-- about a dozen XP programs without a problem. Among them were photoscape, which was installed, and GimpStudio, which is a portable. I also opened radiosure, a portable and listened for a couple seconds to a radio broadcast.

pps. Opened a picture in photoscape and made some changes.

Suggest trying versions wine 3.3.
jrb

PostPosted: Fri 20 Apr 2018, 00:02    Post subject: Re: Wine for Bionic-Beaver  

mikeslr wrote:
Hi tlchost,

After installing wine, did you remember to open a terminal and type "wine winecfg"?

Sorry I can't be more help. Working with multiple puppies and dogs, I use portable wine, explained and available here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=971452#971452. However, I recently rebuilt it using version2013's wine 3.3 pet. As only one version of portable wine can be used at a time (they all register as wine-portable-1.0) I can't easily revert to the 2.16 version available from that link.

If I recall correctly, the 2.16 version of wine-portable run under Bionic-Beaver. But since my current version uses Version2013's wine 3.3, I don't know of any reason wine 3.3, itself, installed as a pet, wouldn't also run.

mikesLr

p.s. jrb posted while I was writing. Mostly I use XP portables, and frankly, rarely. But I just opened --nothing more, didn't try to use-- about a dozen XP programs without a problem. Among them were photoscape, which was installed, and GimpStudio, which is a portable. I also opened radiosure, a portable and listened for a couple seconds to a radio broadcast.

pps. Opened a picture in photoscape and made some changes.

Suggest trying versions wine 3.3.

Excellent suggestion mikesLr! I just upgraded to wine-3.6_v3.2.pet and everything seems to work. YAY!

Thanks, J
Edit: I settled on using wine-3.6_v3.1.pet. It's quite a bit smaller, 18MB vs 44MB. BTW, these are from version2013's website https://version2013.yolasite.com/page1.php. Many Thanks version2013.
mikeslr

PostPosted: Fri 20 Apr 2018, 12:07    Post subject: Portable Wine version 3.3_v2.1  

Hi jrb,

Glad you got it working.

In view of the problems you and tlchost encountered, I've uploaded portable-wine version 3.3_v2.1 [previously packaged for personal use] to mediafire for anyone who prefers using wine via that method. The link to it can be found here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=989245#989245. Any credit should go to version2013, whose pet was used, and to shinobar and the Japanese Team, whose structure was used. I'm just a repackager. So, if there's a problem, don't blame me. Rolling Eyes

My reasons for preferring portable-wine are explained a couple of posts above that link and may be unique to the activities I undertake with Puppies.

It's interesting that version2013's wine-3.6_v3.1.pet. is so much smaller than earlier versions. I'm going to wait a while before working on another iteration of portable-wine and will, in the meantime, be curious about whether any functionality has changed.

mikesLr
version2013

PostPosted: Sat 21 Apr 2018, 23:54    Post subject: Re: Portable Wine version 3.3_v2.1  

mikeslr wrote:
Hi jrb,
It's interesting that version2013's wine-3.6_v3.1.pet. is so much smaller than earlier versions. I'm going to wait a while before working on another iteration of portable-wine and will, in the meantime, be curious about whether any functionality has changed.

versions 1.x and 2.x are gzip compressed.
versions 3.x and 4.x are xz compressed.
version 4.x has 32-bit and 64-bit in one file, hence double the size of 3.x
newpet

PostPosted: Sun 22 Apr 2018, 14:34    Post subject: Re: Portable Wine version 3.3_v2.1  

version2013 wrote:
mikeslr wrote:
Hi jrb,

versions 1.x and 2.x are gzip compressed.
versions 3.x and 4.x are xz compressed.
version 4.x has 32-bit and 64-bit in one file, hence double the size of 3.x

Hi, version2013

maybe link to 'wine_DOC-3.6.pet' needs to be fixed, since it points to the main page (https://version2013.yolasite.com/page1.php).

Thank you

hamoudoudou

PostPosted: Sun 22 Apr 2018, 22:30    Post subject: Ubuntu Bionic final release should arrive right now.  

Ubuntu Bionic final release should arrive right now.
I will give a try to BionicDog
Ubuntu provides a daily-build CD for 64 bit version, for people in a hurry.
Each morning you change your rope, to be up-to-date.. Of course LTS version will not be a daily flavour..
Zesty artful Bionic (LTS) then C D E semestrial
Puppy has a daily build-CD for Bionic 32 bits.. I am not sure that Bionic will be released in 32 bits version.. (xenial Was)

"Ubuntu Desktop
32-bit installer images are no longer provided for Ubuntu Desktop.
The Ubuntu Desktop now uses GNOME instead of Unity.
ubuntu.jpg
 Description   official calender
 Filesize   40.4 KB
 Viewed   772 Time(s)

ubuntu.jpg

davids45

PostPosted: Tue 24 Apr 2018, 03:33    Post subject: Drive icon piles
Subject description: Try different values in settings

G'day recobayu,

I sometimes find I get this error/bug when trying to set the spacings for my ,any drive icons in a new Pup.

When this happens now, I try slightly different values of the three spacings values, and then it may work. Sometimes it seems even numbers work, while odd numbers don't.

Try adding 1 or 2 to the parameters and see if one set works.

Other times I see the pile up is after several icons are displayed correctly but then it goes wrong.

It is a Puppy/woof problem I suspect, not one of Ubuntu's.

David S.
mikeslr

PostPosted: Tue 24 Apr 2018, 22:35    Post subject: Initiating Suspend under Upup-Bionic  

Hi All,

BJF posted in the Beginner's Section looking for a way to suspend Artfulpup. http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=989664#989664 Although I currently don't have Artful on my menu.lst I do have upupbb (bionic). On other Puppies I found an easy way to suspend was to install Radky's PupShutdown, http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=422134#422134. With “Shutdown” under the control of PupShutdown, the GUI which appears has in addition to the usual options such as Shutdown, Reboot, Restart-x, an icon the bottom left (looks kind-of like a G) which will initiate suspend. See screenshot on the above page. I figured if Radky's PupShutdown worked under Bionic, it might also work under Artful. And if nothing else, installing it from a location in storage and examining the script [AFAIK, rather than including binaries in his applications all radky's applications entail bash scripts with call installed] it uses to initiate suspend would take less time for me than to search for the suspend command by googling.

Booting into Bionic, I discovered that installing radky's PupShutDown was not necessary. It had been included in Bionic's PupControl and was already present on the Start Menu under Utilities. It just wasn't used when “Leave” was initiated from the Menu.

Leave initiates a call to the script /usr/sbin/logout_gui. I opened a rox window to it, and another to /usr/local/PupShutdown where the PupShutdown script was located. I then dragged the PupShutdown script into the /usr/sbin/window, Selecting Link(relative) creating a symbolic link. I renamed logout_gui to logout_guh (just in case), and renamed the PupShutdown symbolic link logout_gui.

Clicking “Leave” now initiate PupShutDown and enables the choice of suspending.

mikesLr
Page 48 of 49 [730 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 46, 47, 48, 49 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: