Sony laptop SigmaTel C-Major audio driver freezes Puppy?

Using applications, configuring, problems
normen

Sony laptop SigmaTel C-Major audio driver freezes Puppy?

#1 Post by normen »

After a few months of living without Puppy (it wouldn't boot on my Sony Vaio notebook), I downloaded 1.0.3 and I am really impressed. It boots perfectly and even finds my Wifi card.
One thing I have problems with is the sound. I have a SigmaTel C-Major audio device (according to Windows). Apparently, Puppy detects it and installs some driver for it. If I try to play anything audio, I hear sound for about a second, then Puppy completely freezes.
How does Puppy configure the audio device? Is there a way to manually change the configuration without recompiling the kernel?
Any other workaround?
I would appreciate any help.
The manual said "Windows XP or better" ... so I used Linux.

normen

#2 Post by normen »

I just downloaded Puppy 1.0.2 and here the sound works perfectly.
I have not seen any problems with NTFS, but my mouse seems a bit sluggish. Any idea how to fix that?

Anyway, I am voting for a 2.6.x kernel in future releases.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Seems to me that there was a post on the subject of setting mouse speeds. Have you tried the forum search feature?

normen

#4 Post by normen »

It's not the speed. I can set that alright. The mouse is simply sluggish, doesn't always go where I want it to and the touchpad is very insensitive for clicks.
And it seems only to happen with 1.0.2.
I guess it is this misterious "kernel thing" that the other posts refer to.... :roll: