Can pups autowificonnect@boot? Yes! Use SNS only!! (Solved)

Mike Walsh

#16 Post by Mike Walsh »

belham2 wrote:When you 'frugal' install a pup, and if you use anything "other" that SNS to set up your wireless connection (assume a savefile had already been created), or if you simply want to bring your pup from a "lan" machine to a wireless-laptop, and you want either "Frisbee' and/or "Network Wizard" to set that laptop's wireless connection up, which it will happily do, and then save it, which it also will happily do, be warned. The warning: .............with both Frisbee and/or Network Wizard, neither will autoconnect(on the next subsequent boot) to the wireless connection that you set up & saved on this boot. Oh sure, they will save the profile, but they both will---on subsequent boots---force you to click thru setup again to bring that wifi profile up, click to then load it and then finally, click to connect. A nuisance pain in the you-know-what, if you ask me.
I confess, I recollect having the same problem with my first ever Pup that just 'worked', OOTB, on ye olde Dell (Tahrpup 6.0 CE). I ran that from a flash drive for quite a few months, before finally kissing goodbye to the 'buntu flavours I had on the hard drive, and installing Tahr in their place.

I always used Network Wizard at that time. being under the impression that the tool with the most options was probably the best one to use. I had the same problem myself; the profile was there, it was saved.....but I always had to go through the setup procedure every time.

A little way down the line, I cleared all the Network Wizard stuff out of the way, and switched to the simplest one (SNS). It always auto-connected.....and since then, I've stuck with it on every Pup.

It seems to 'just work'. What more can you ask for?

Mike. :wink: