USB stick won't boot up...

Booting, installing, newbie
PlainDave

#16 Post by PlainDave »

Statements like this are no help
I'm sorry. I guess I thought that, in context, it would be enough said. What I meant was the tahr64-6.0.5.iso distro did the same thing as the slacko64-6.3.2-uefi.iso distro. (Please refer to my previous posts.)

I finally tried the xenialpup64-7.0.8.5-uefi.iso distro. I got the menu to Start Puppy and the screen went blank. I then rebooted and tried "Start... RAM only". I waited at least a couple of minutes, but it was still blank. So I did the "3-finger salute" (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to reboot. Hey that rhymes. :)

I still very much want to try out a Puppy distro. I can't believe all of these failures. I know it's something simple, so I'm not giving up yet. Y'all take care.

[EDIT] 10 years ago — Feb '07 — I first tried out Puppy. I burnt it to a CD and it booted into Puppy just fine. I can't remember which computer I had at the time, but it worked great.

perdido

#17 Post by perdido »

PlainDave wrote:
Statements like this are no help
I'm sorry. I guess I thought that, in context, it would be enough said. What I meant was the tahr64-6.0.5.iso distro did the same thing as the slacko64-6.3.2-uefi.iso distro. (Please refer to my previous posts.)

I finally tried the xenialpup64-7.0.8.5-uefi.iso distro. I got the menu to Start Puppy and the screen went blank. I then rebooted and tried "Start... RAM only". I waited at least a couple of minutes, but it was still blank. So I did the "3-finger salute" (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to reboot. Hey that rhymes. :)

I still very much want to try out a Puppy distro. I can't believe all of these failures. I know it's something simple, so I'm not giving up yet. Y'all take care.

[EDIT] 10 years ago — Feb '07 — I first tried out Puppy. I burnt it to a CD and it booted into Puppy just fine. I can't remember which computer I had at the time, but it worked great.
I don't have uefi or windows.
From this forum.Puppy Linux UEFI boot EASY
Might help, might not.

bigpup

#18 Post by bigpup »

I think this is a graphics driver issue.
I think the computer is using the Intel processor integrated graphics.

Try this and see what happens.
xenialpup64-7.0.8.5 or others.
When it first boots.
You see the Puppy boot screen.
Hold down F2 key.
Should now see a screen showing boot options.
At the bottom is a command line you can input into.
Type puppy pfix=ram i915.modeset=0
Press enter.

What specifically happens??
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

cthisbear

#19 Post by cthisbear »