Dpup Stretch 7.5 CE (RC-5)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Mike Walsh

#706 Post by Mike Walsh »

Nvidia 390.132-x86 driver for 'legacy' Stretch ( k4.1.48 )

Evening, all.

Apologies if this is duplicating the efforts of others, but I just wanted to let y'all know that the Nvidia 390.132 driver for the 'legacy' kernel (k4.1.48) is now available for DPup 'Stretch' from my Google Drive:-

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Help yourselves if you're interested. The 390 driver, so I understand, is the newest one available for 32-bit architectures, unfortunately. I downloaded the .run file from the NVidia website earlier today, and used Shinobar's get-nvidia-1.5.pet to work the magic.

So far, it's running fine. Only thing I have noticed, and that is that, unlike the 64-bit Nvidia drivers, which run quite a bit cooler than the nouveau ones, for the 32-bit version there seems to be hardly any difference.

Maybe it's just my hardware. But aside from that, everything's tickety-boo.....

Mike. :wink:

Max Headroom

Missing Lib & Dependencies 4 TightVNC

#707 Post by Max Headroom »

I've tried installing Tight VNC from the Puppy Package Manager, But it didn't work. I Checked Missing Dependencies from Setup, Resulting in these Missing Lib & Dependencies... libXaw95.so.7,
default-dbus-session-bus, ocaml-base-nox-4.02.3, python2.7:any, python-numpy-abi9, qtbase-abi-5-7-1, sip-api-11.3, vlc-plugin-abi-3-0-0f.

All of which I Tracked down & installed, But when I Checked again the Dependencies of Tight VNC it came back as still missing.

Then I Discovered a couple pets in the Forum & installed them, got Tight VNC Client in the Network Menu, But Alas it doesn't open & then I Checked 4 Missing Dependencies again Revealed All the same Missing Dependencies!

I wunder if there's an Appimage Package?

;-)K
PC is Not Political Correctness :P , it's a Personal Computer! Boycott the Evil M$ & Google!

Mike Walsh

#708 Post by Mike Walsh »

Max, if what you're after is remote desktop control, why don't you take a look at Anydesk? It's a lot simpler to get up-and-running than VNC, and I've built some portable packages that you can run from anywhere on the system.

If interested, you can find them here:-

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=118287

Entirely up to you, of course. Just my two-penn'orth, FWIW.

Mike. :wink:

WiZard

VNC

#709 Post by WiZard »

@max

I'm running 7.5rc5 with a VNC viewer. Installed xtightvncviewer_1.3.9-9.deb from the package manager. I also have anydesk for remote assistance work, but prefer VNC for remoting into my local file servers.

wiz

cthisbear

#710 Post by cthisbear »

Is there a newer Slimjet I can try with Stretch?

Bad form I know...but I would like to try SM Tube to download some Youtube videos.

Slimjet use to work fine years ago but I'm sure YT changed their
protocols and I have to start Slimjet again each time to get the next video.

Need a bit of tech after cleaning windows, carpets, carports etc
here in Sydney.
Neighbours have never been happier not seeing me on the streets though.

Way of the world now Ha! ha!

Chris.

lizardidi

run scrcpy in Dpup Stretch???

#711 Post by lizardidi »

hi, i hv been trying to install scrcpy on my laptop running dpup stretch. been trying the compilation methods in their github but without success. is it possible to build a pet or sfs package of it? (been playing World Of Tanks Blitz on android, but the touch is... okay i am not a touch guy. so i thinking of using scrcpy to mirror my phone, and use the mouse and keyboard as controller)

a big thanks for anyone can show me how to build or install it.

=)

cretsiah

Dpup Stretch 7.5 July 2019

#712 Post by cretsiah »

wasnt sure whether to post issue here or just point you to my thread

so decided to add link

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=118922

it covers some issues incounted and a potential fix.

issues such as

vmalloc, kthread, nosemaphore

and to get DPup stretch working screws up Slacko 6.3.2 (after having no issues with Slacko 6.3.2