xenialpup64-7.5

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Yoliano

xenialpup64-7.5

#1 Post by Yoliano »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread. Downloaded ISO Image and burned it to a CD. Checked md5sum after download and after burn. Both OK. My purpose was to try xenial on my wife's HP 1000 Notebook, as an upgrade from tahrpup64-6.0.5, which she is currently running, (from a CD). But the new CD will not boot. It starts rotating briefly, for a few seconds, then stops. After that, nothing more happens. The Notebook is about 4 years old.and does not have UEFI boot. It's spec is middle of the road: Intel Celeron 64 bit processor, 1.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, BIOS boot. Installation is with savefile only.

After that failure, I tried booting the new CD on my Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7215 laptop, which is about 2 years old, has UEFI boot, AMD A8 64 bit quad core 1.5 GHz processor, Radeon A5 Graphics, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HD. The CD booted all the way to launching the xorg desktop, but which immediately exited, without the desktop appearing on screen, (Observed from CLI). I launched the xorg wizard and went through the config process. But no change resulted. No desktop. Again, installation is with savefile only.

I am not a geek or techie, just a learner, aquiring skills as I go tackling new problems as they arise. But these problems are beyond my present ability to solve. So I appeal for some guidance from an expert willing to help. Thanks.

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

This one Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7215 laptop.

At the Puppy boot screen.
Quickly Press F2 key and keep it pressed until the option screen pops up.

Enter this option:

Code: Select all

radeonmodeset=0
may have to use

Code: Select all

puppy radeonmodeset=0
Press enter key.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

HP 1000 Notebook
But the new CD will not boot. It starts rotating briefly, for a few seconds, then stops.
What speed did you burn the CD?
I always burn no faster than 8.
What read speed can this CD drive handle?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)