VideoView - a super simple webcam viewer/recorder

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Mike Walsh

#16 Post by Mike Walsh »

Fair comment.

I still think you could incorporate some of pWebcam's script into Puppyphone, and modify it to 'push' rather than 'pull'.....but that's just an idea.

I'm no 'script-jockey' (far from it). I'm good at coming up with ideas (a 'blue-sky' man!), but not really suited to actually putting them into practice. I've modified a fair number of scripts over the years to make them do what I want, but as for writing them from the ground up, that's rather above my pay grade, I'm afraid!

I'm more than happy to test stuff out, and submit bug reports, etc., but I just don't understand Bash that well.... :)

Mike. :wink:

greengeek

#17 Post by greengeek »

For the sake of posterity I will post this self-reminder here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/964 ... s-over-sip

I hope to investigate the future possibilities of adding screenshare, image transfer or document transfer within an SIP session. Subject for a different thread really.

Mike Walsh

#18 Post by Mike Walsh »

GG:-

Smokey PM'd me earlier on today. Apparently the PSIP 'engine' does support video already, although the ability has never been compiled into Puppyphone, since it wasn't envisaged as being used for that.

He's made enquiries about this with jamesbond on several occasions, apparently, but James is a busy man, and hasn't really got the time to look at it.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Mike. :wink:

greengeek

#19 Post by greengeek »

Thanks Mike - good to know the tantalising possibility is there.
cheers!