Trying to rehab a Gateway solo 1100

Booting, installing, newbie
pooklaroux

Trying to rehab a Gateway solo 1100

#1 Post by pooklaroux »

Been away for a while. I'm still on 1.0.8 on the thinkpad, but I am trying to rehab a gateway solo 1100. I have two problems: I am having problems getting the monitor settings right and the trackpad isn't working so I'm trying to get a serial mouse to work for me. Suggestions?

SnowDog

#2 Post by SnowDog »

Not much help from me, I'm afraid.

I have a Solo 2500 that gives me the same issues.

One thing that seems to be a consistent problem for me, is the Neo-magic graphics chips. I just haven't had alot of time to play with them to hunt down a solution yet, but if you think there's anything I can help with by trying to emulate your situation on one of my rigs, (to see if it's specific to the machine) just let me know & I'll try to help.

I also had/have lots of issues with touchpad's on various brands/models of laptops. I just put them away for the time being, until time permits.

I can tell you that the touchpad problems I've had, seem to be directly related to using certain Puppy versions on certain hardware.
ie: Compaq Armada E500: Older versions of Puppy like 1.07 or so (if I recall correctly, it's been a while) work fine on it. The 2.x versions seem okay until it decides to put itself to sleep (or whatever it does) then upon touching anything (keyboard buttons) it comes back to life and looks normal until I touch the touchpad, then it goes nuts and opens all kinds of windows.

Sorry I can't be more help right now, but I just noticed that your post had gone unanswered and thought I'd at least let you know that someone else knows what you're going through.
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.

darkerror05

#3 Post by darkerror05 »

I am having problems getting the monitor settings right
How so? What settings? I would suggest Xorg for laptop LCD monitors.
-darkerror