HOWTO

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
Jake

HOWTO

#1 Post by Jake »

I would surely like howto solutions to the latest Puppies so labelled. For instance, Here is where you may dnld the latest FF.pet that's been apulsed fixed. OR that/this junks has been fixed and is in the updates [for Xenial, Tahr, Slacko, etc].

I have been using Puppy since 1998, and yes it could be got -- I was using PupWin98 at the time. However, I don't want to click on a howto that dates back to 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010 -- you get my drift. Yes I know many are using older Pups for good reasons -- I myself still use MacPup 511 just because it looks so good, and that even the older Enlightenment runs rings around later WMs. In fact I'd likely pay the MacPup guy/people to update a bespoke just for me; and, actually I'm surprised no one has thought of that long ago.

So, wouldn't hurt to label, howtos at least, For this ver of PuppyLinux Xenial, Tahr, Slacko, etc & alla dat jazz. Good stuff can be found here but it is very difficult/ time consuming.

I just noticed that "using Puppy since 1998" is supposed to be using PupWin98 -- since I don't know when; but I moved up northern AZ a little after 2000, and I'm pos I was using a Puppy and DSL as my Linux of choice, but I guess it must have 2003.
Last edited by Jake on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

mikeslr

Functional Search Engine

#2 Post by mikeslr »

Hi Jake,

I think Geoffrey discovered this one. It still works as it doesn't depend on anyone keeping a Website active:

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=015995643 ... #gsc.tab=0

Just type in something like "tahrpup How To".

Of course, your suggestion is great. But getting other people to change is difficult. :( Even getting oneself to change takes some conscious effort. :cry:

mikesLr