Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 23 Aug 2014, 03:34
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Networking » Wireless
wireless / wifi cards confirmed to work in puppy - OLD LIST
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 13 [186 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 11, 12, 13 Next
onecrazydriver

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jun 2007, 14:07    Post subject: tekram tm-802b wireless card  

tekram tm-802b card working in toshiba laptop using ndiswrapper and windows driver (net8180.inf). The linux r8180 driver did not work. The tekram card uses a realtek chipset.
puppy 215ce on this laptop.

The same setup works on my Itronix xc6260 laptop puppy109ce and 212.
mjhartlebury

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jul 2007, 07:16    Post subject:  wg111t working in Puppy Linux 2.17 "Dancer"  

after much swearing and praying i've finally manged to get wg111t wireless adapter to work in puppy 2.17. you have download the firmware from http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/d102626.asp then you have to find the .inf file (can't remember which one though Embarassed ) but i know it does work.

Twisted Evil Laughing windows did not become a shoddy product overnight it took years of practice Twisted Evil Laughing
kjurkic

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul 2007, 23:21    Post subject:  wireless USB
Subject description: 802.11G

This USB NIC is so low-budget, there is no brand name ANYWHERE on it, the package, or in the documentation.......

USBview showed as ZyDAS USB 2 device.

Used Zyxel zd1211rw driver supplied kindly by puppy, and hey-presto, a working wireless. Gol-DANG!!!!! Razz

Ken
PS cost me $10 new still in wrapper
Inuyasha

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jul 2007, 17:59    Post subject:  

netgear wg111v2 USB works in puppy linux.

See this thread for more information: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=121442#121442

I've used it in Puppy 2.14 and 2.16 so far.

Also, I suggest the original thread creator reorganize the devices into alphabetical order. A quick run with a spreadsheet program ought to sort things out.
iang

PostPosted: Fri 24 Aug 2007, 12:21    Post subject:  

D-Link DWL-122G rev B1 USB adapter works in 2.17.1.

This uses the Ralink RT2570 chipset & the driver in earlier Puppys would never load on my VIA EPIA 5000. Now it does.

But, the network connection wizard in 2.17.1 doesn't configure it properly. Instead, use the rutilt utility which does work.

I haven't yet figured out how to save the configuration from rutilt so it connect automatically on next boot.
Marcel

PostPosted: Fri 24 Aug 2007, 22:04    Post subject: Netcomm Wireless USB dongle NP544  

Netcomm Wireless USB dongle NP544 works with NOP-217-up1, using ndiswrapper Smile

Also works with Puppy-pro, also with ndiswrapper. Smile

Doesn't seem to work with other puppies I have tried, such as simplepup and chinesepuppy 2.13 Sad

xxsolusxx

PostPosted: Wed 29 Aug 2007, 13:24    Post subject:  

livedisk running over win2k

Netopia 3d reach runs fine w/ acx drivers
harryh

PostPosted: Sun 02 Sep 2007, 09:20    Post subject:  CNET CWD-854
Subject description: USB netcard(WiFi)

CNET CWD-854 wireless USB2 netcard works fine in puppy 2.16 with rausb0 (rt73).
stevesr0

PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep 2007, 22:46    Post subject: Broadcom 4306 works in puppy 2.17.1 ? native
Subject description: report of apparent success with native linux BCM43xx driver

I have posted elsewhere on the puppy forums that with 2.17.1, my integrated wireless works without any action save for configuring wireless network.

I cannot guarantee that Puppy isn't using ndiswrapper (I haven't checked to see if it is loaded) but it isn't asking me for a path to the windows driver or inf file.

The important thing is that it is working with miminal irritation (solely that it doesn't remember the wireless profile and I have to launch the Network Wizard and select "use that profile" several times each time I boot).

Steve
laptopnewbee

PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep 2007, 11:23    Post subject:  

i thought i had already listed this, but...

netgear wg511u (athros chipset) works in puppies 2.10 through 2.13 both with native linux driver, and ndiswrapper (it's a bit easier to run with ndiswrapper).

i can also confirm it working in 2.13 for wpa-psk with ether driver using the network wizard version 2.14-8.

reedit: edit: the device works using both rutilt and the connection wizard for open APs, but needs the wizard for wpa-psk. also, i have not had a chance to test it with wep.

too bad my pcmcia slot went south, i'm now forced to work on getting a usb adapter working (see my post in bugs). it's one that someone posted as working, so i'm guessing i should read that thread.

HaroldHallikainen

PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct 2007, 17:40    Post subject: Airnet AWN154 works!  

I just got an Airnet AWN154 pcmcia card working using ndiswrapper and the xp drivers on the CD that comes with the card on Puppy 3.00 .

Harold
JohnST

PostPosted: Mon 08 Oct 2007, 20:30    Post subject: CNET CNWLC-811 PCMCIA Wireless card Works fine in puppy 3.0
Subject description: Wireless Card Works

I am able to successfully run wireless with the CNET CNWLC-811 PCMCIA 11Mbps card. I load the driver for RT2400, test RA0 and then use DHCP to get a connection to my unsecured network.

I have not been successful with a protected network such as WEP or WPA.

John
scotto_puppy

PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct 2007, 06:35    Post subject:  

You can add BCM43xx as working WITH WEP. This by blacklisting the BCM43xx driver in the pup and using ndiswrapper with the .inf file from my driver cd.
castalla2007

PostPosted: Fri 02 Nov 2007, 15:40    Post subject: Broadcom BCM43 with WPA - works  

Using ndiswrapper and windows drivers together with command line wpa_supplicant works! Fails miserably using Network Wizard because WPA (of 8 characters, either alpha or hex equivalent) doesn't connect.
mdisaster2

PostPosted: Sun 04 Nov 2007, 07:23    Post subject:  

Linksys WUSB54GC (RT73 chip) w/ 128 bit WEP in Pup3.01: works great using a connection script.

I had different degrees of bad luck with either Connection Wizard, RuTilt or Pwireless, however if I take the commands that the Wizard (eventually) generates and put them in a script then the adapter works perfectly.
Page 3 of 13 [186 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 11, 12, 13 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Networking » Wireless
Jump to: