really puppy power if puppy is based mainly on Ubuntu?

Promote Puppy !
hamoudoudou

You choose an iso live-cd from a different Linux.

#16 Post by hamoudoudou »

You choose an iso live-cd from a different Linux. The game is to start it with Puppy..
Why not ? Is that Puppy Linux..

darry19662018

#17 Post by darry19662018 »

If a Puppy is built with Ubuntu packages it is a Puppy.

hamoudoudou

my answer means that puppy is used to boot another OS..

#18 Post by hamoudoudou »

my answer means that puppy is used to boot another OS.. as some people use Pupppy Linux just to recover Windows.. ISOBOOTER will boot Ubuntu
Puppy is not really based on Ubuntu. Puduan, Dpup, slacko... Puppy choose the shop..
X-Slacko slim can use packages from many OS.
Sure its own packages would no be enough to enjoy thousands of computer users, excepted for computing. Puppy used to build Puppies.

darry19662018

Re: my answer means that puppy is used to boot another OS..

#19 Post by darry19662018 »

hamoudoudou wrote:my answer means that puppy is used to boot another OS.. as some people use Pupppy Linux just to recover Windows.. ISOBOOTER will boot Ubuntu
Puppy is not really based on Ubuntu. Puduan, Dpup, slacko... Puppy choose the shop..
X.
Well Pelo I like this part of quote because yes your right some people fail to grasp that Puppy is not based on Ubuntu - Its packages are used to build that Puppy with Wolf CE or other build system eg old woof, or unleashed.

As for the choose the shop part I understand that to mean one can peruse the Ubuntu repos and intall programs to run in Puppy thanks to the package manager or as you call it shopping - quite like that Pelo quite like that.

bigpup

#20 Post by bigpup »

Is this really, really that hard to understand??????

There are some basic common Linux operations that use specific common Linux programs, code, commands, etc.......
About 1/3 of Puppy is this stuff.
Got to get that stuff from someplace. :shock:
Some repository. :shock: :!:
Some developers choose to get it from Ubuntu repositories.
Some get it from Slackware repositories.
Etc......

Those repositories keep this core Linux stuff up to date.
Puppy does not have a Puppy repository that does this.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

darry19662018

#21 Post by darry19662018 »

bigpup wrote:Is this really, really that hard to understand??????

There are some basic common Linux operations that use specific common Linux programs, code, commands, etc.......
About 1/3 of Puppy is this stuff.
Got to get that stuff from someplace. :shock:
Some repository. :shock: :!:
Some developers choose to get it from Ubuntu repositories.
Some get it from Slackware repositories.
Etc......

Those repositories keep this core Linux stuff up to date.
Puppy does not have a Puppy repository that does this.
Yep know that. Quote "Woof is a Puppy building program. It is used to build a Puppy Linux distribution from the binary packages of another Linux distribution"

hamoudoudou

Full iso launched by Puppy or spare parts installed

#22 Post by hamoudoudou »

as to want to ignore what i mean i tell it other way
imsagine OS as satellites as Soyouz
That is not because slitaz or Live CD debian is launched by Puppy that they are Puppies..
But buying apps or libs from Ubuntu (repositories) to build a Puppy is different.. An airbus aircraft with USA engines is still eurepoan aircraft. Og course if quite all parts are from USA that can be discussed.. But as long as you can choose what you install, you are yourself..
A Slacko where you can install packages from Slitaz is still a Slacko
A Slitaz launched by Puppy or Porteus is neither a Puppy ot Porteus, even named Tazpup

IMO, of course..
The main problem is lack of imagination , then you clone.. Your can experience what you like, but only some colleague will have some interest in it.. When you, devs, are unable to trim the fat or compile, you are quite users, poor users ennoying genius and VIP devs, disappearing due to lack of new blood. (brains).
New fora are not where to create, but where to hide.
Attachments
debian.jpg
Isobooter is a launcher, not an OS. Use Puppy or Porteus to launch a different OS
(45.09 KiB) Downloaded 93 times