Puppy Remaster Program needs updated from 18th Century

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
ITSMERSH

#91 Post by ITSMERSH »

l0wt3ch wrote:Hey RSH, I know the new username is you, but for some reason every time I see it I read it as "it's Mersh". And I'm like, who's this Mersh person? Oh ya, that says me RSH.
Yes, it's me RSH. :wink:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=113272
Post No. 8

l0wt3ch

#92 Post by l0wt3ch »

That's crazy.

Good luck with N.E.M.E.S.I.S.! (Love the name.)

Puppyt

#93 Post by Puppyt »

Thank goodness! I was reading your new moniker as "I.T. SMERSH" (Also noted in the Bond movies From Russia with Love and Living Daylights)
Search engines for Puppy
[url]http://puppylinux.us/psearch.html[/url]; [url=https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=015995643981050743583%3Aabvzbibgzxo&q=#gsc.tab=0]Google Custom Search[/url]; [url]http://wellminded.net63.net/[/url] others TBA...

l0wt3ch

#94 Post by l0wt3ch »

Ok, well let's think about this for a moment. If he really was the I.T. guy for SMERSH, do you think he'd admit it? No. Of course not.

But then again, everybody knows RSH mysteriously went missing. If SMERSH was involved, that would fit their modus operandi perfectly. Is it possible they assumed his identity on this forum, to steal our advanced technological secrets? Have the Russian spies replaced our friend RSH?

Russian interference in the Puppy forum. I never would have imagined.

But what does this mean for the N.E.M.E.S.I.S. Project?

Puppyt

#95 Post by Puppyt »

Well, if he comes out with S.P.E.C.T.R.E. or K.A.O.S. down the track, then we'll know. So long as he uses his genius for the side of Good, and never the side of Evil, we should be OK...
Search engines for Puppy
[url]http://puppylinux.us/psearch.html[/url]; [url=https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=015995643981050743583%3Aabvzbibgzxo&q=#gsc.tab=0]Google Custom Search[/url]; [url]http://wellminded.net63.net/[/url] others TBA...

fredx181

#96 Post by fredx181 »

You must be K.I.D.D.I.N.G :lol: :lol:

Or... I.T.S.R.E.A.L ?! :roll: :?: :twisted:

ITSMERSH

#97 Post by ITSMERSH »

Beware of the mind...

I could come up with M.E.R.K.E.L.

Of course this works in DE only: M. erkel E. rlaubt R. eichsbürgern K. ein E. igenes L. and.

That says Merkel will not allow the Reichsbürger to get their own Country/Territory. :lol:

Burn_IT

#98 Post by Burn_IT »

My Uncle has been sleeping around and got Thrush
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

ITSMERSH

#99 Post by ITSMERSH »

I had to have a look about "I.T. SMERSH", as I think I never heard of it. That's really funny, though I'm not a Russian (or whatever) Spy-Assassin and I've got nothing to do with "Skripal" and other issues...

I SWEAR! :D :lol:

greengeek

#100 Post by greengeek »

Puppyt wrote:Thank goodness! I was reading your new moniker as "I.T. SMERSH" (Also noted in the Bond movies From Russia with Love and Living Daylights)
...and another wikipedia link even mentions "SMERSH" is James Bond's "nemesis" :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMERSH_(James_Bond)

The forum wouldnt allow that url to be livened so maybe this will live link: https://tinyurl.com/y84ag66l
SMERSH is a fictional Soviet counterintelligence agency featured in Ian Fleming's early James Bond novels as agent 007's nemesis.
Spooky!

Does this mean N.E.M.E.S.I.S is the end of jamesbond's Fatdog?? Surely not!!!!

l0wt3ch

#101 Post by l0wt3ch »

Well, I think we may be potentially downplaying the seriousness of the situation. For starters, SMERSH was an actual Soviet spy agency, not just a silly Bond villian. If they got RSH, they can get any one of us.

And what about his threat to create Project M.E.R.K.E.L.? Project N.E.M.E.S.I.S and M.E.R.K.E.L. together could pose a threat to all of Western civilization as we know it.

If only RSH were here to help us!

ITSMERSH

#102 Post by ITSMERSH »

Believe me: ITSMERSH, ahem, it's me RSH. I swear, or like Uwe Barschel would have said: Ich gebe Ihnen mein Ehrenwort, ich wiederhole: mein Ehrenwort. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

anikin

#103 Post by anikin »

In the Soviet military during World War-2, SMERSH was the most feared and despised unit. Its main task was to filter out disloyalty and potential defectors. They worked tirelessly. During that period military tribunals through expedited procedures convicted 994 000 service members. 157 593 out of those were executed.
Attachments
smersh.jpg
(43.19 KiB) Downloaded 463 times

l0wt3ch

#104 Post by l0wt3ch »

Do I have to point out the similarity of the pic on the left to a certain someone's avatar? This is becoming more and more curiouser all the time.

ITSMERSH

#105 Post by ITSMERSH »

Uuaahhhaahhhaa :lol:

Assuming this is my avatar meant, you would even be much more confused, if I'm going to tell the name of the avatar (which was created from an Art Image I created appr. 20 years ago)

It's name is: Die Schwerter der Liebe, or in English: The Swords of Love

Could be probably the "Love" to the Home Country, probably some Rus... Home...

:wink: :D

hamoudoudou

People waste more time in this forum to guess who is who

#106 Post by hamoudoudou »

People waste more time in this forum to guess who is who than to develop Puppy Linux.
Simply go and open Facebook profile to know who people are, no avatar there. And you will see Pelo beside me. and so on.. Programmers are people who are supposed to be clever, efficient pragmatic, not people smoking and dreaming utopic worlds..
RSH or Lazy Puppy or John, what importance ? RSH explained he had to change his name only for technical reason.. Don't invent yours.
About the topic remaster programs
Needs are known.. what is missing is people able to satisfy them..or people making the effort to search in this forum existing software for it.
When you are a programmer , the first thing to do is to search how not to program,
99,5 are solved this way.
SFS load on the fly and Pupsave will get your Puppy ready for everything

fredx181

#107 Post by fredx181 »

@hamoudoudou Tu n’a aucun sens de l’humour ?

nic007

#108 Post by nic007 »

Back to original topic. I can confirm that the builtin remasterpup2 script that comes with Xenial 7.5 works with all official releases of Wary, Racy, Precise, Tahr and Xenial (that's all the puppys I have).

nosystemdthanks

Re: People waste more time in this forum to guess who is who

#109 Post by nosystemdthanks »

hamoudoudou wrote:Programmers are people who are supposed to be clever, efficient pragmatic, not people smoking and dreaming utopic worlds..
a deeply ironic statement from someone using the gnu operating system.

"oh, its efficient, its not utopic"

oh yeah? what kernel was it supposed to use?

but yeah, practical aspects are important too. i know a guy that only cares about ideals-- so much that he absolutely refuses to explain why he wants people to adopt them.

"ok so after we all 'work together', then what?"

nope, thats as far as he ever explains it.
[color=green]The freedom to NOT run the software, to be free to avoid vendor lock-in through appropriate modularization/encapsulation and minimized dependencies; meaning any free software can be replaced with a user’s preferred alternatives.[/color]

hamoudoudou

He has no flour to grid, our miller.

#110 Post by hamoudoudou »

Burn_IT wrote:As I said to start with, it IS a community project so stop complaining and do something yourself, or with friends??!!!
Of course anything you do produce will need to be approved before being adopted officially.
What would be fine is that you deal with what we need.. Nobody asked Musher0 for remastering.. He has no flour to grid, our miller.
Of course, as people no longer post, youignore what are their problems. Remastering is not one.
Because the fun nowadays is to skip from Puppy to Puppy, or Slitaz, or corepup. To keep with a Puppy version because you like it and you want to include your personal flavors would be possible.. But in other world.
Why suddenly care of Public needs ? The gap is huge.
You mess with the OS. Why remaster a version getting absolete a month later ? Why change apps included as you don't use them.. Just load one SFS on the fly when needed. It's fast, and you can change it as you like. Typing letters with Libre Office is not or daily Challenge (see business section)
Mess with the OS is not our daily hobby.. as no return from civil world (passengers), you are unable to work usefully, excepted for tickling your navel.