BionicDog (updated: 2018-06-04)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
wiak

#826 Post by wiak »

magerlab wrote:I've managed to connect my phone using camphonetab. So for now BionicDog fits the netbook very well. I want to transfer the casper folder with changes to to another laptop which has grub2. Are there any instructions on what one have to put into Grub2 to boot bionicdog without installing grub4dos?
The following is just an example extract from grub.cfg of what I use for booting using grub2 from the second partition of my harddrive (/dev/sda2). For this example I have casper directory installed inside /bionicdog64 directory of that /dev/sda2 partition:

Code: Select all

menuentry 'BionicDog64 on /dev/sda2' {
    set root='hd0,msdos2'
    linux /bionicdog64/casper/vmlinuz from=/bionicdog64/ noauto changes=EXIT:/bionicdog64/casper
    initrd /bionicdog64/casper/initrd1.xz
}
wiak

fredx181

#827 Post by fredx181 »

Thanks wiak for answering, btw, I could never understand what means the "msdos2" at the "set root=..."
Anyway, this should work also with grub2 for sda2 (similar as grub4dos, but with the difference that for grub4dos it should be (hd0,1) for the second partition (sda2), confusing.... :roll: )

set root=(hd0,2)
Fred

gabtech

Bionicdog amd64 wifi drivers

#828 Post by gabtech »

I just downloaded Bionicdog and testing it on my lenovo X140e processor AMD ,broadcom wifi device. Peasy wifi can't see my wifi connection, huawei usb 3g modem.

stemsee

Re: Bionicdog amd64 wifi drivers

#829 Post by stemsee »

gabtech wrote:I just downloaded Bionicdog and testing it on my lenovo X140e processor AMD ,broadcom wifi device. Peasy wifi can't see my wifi connection, huawei usb 3g modem.
Install/load Wifi-TrayNet (developed on BionicDog)

or cli

ifconfig usb0 up
wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iusb0 -c/path/to/apconfig -B
busybox udhcpc
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" >/etc/resolv.conf

gabtech

#830 Post by gabtech »

@stemsee

Thanks buddie.

recobayu

#831 Post by recobayu »

Is there any makelive script based on ubuntu bionic? Thank you.

stemsee

#832 Post by stemsee »

hi Fred

Can you help. I cannot get right click working in BionicDog. It's frustrating.

On fatdog the workaround is to use the wacom driver instead of udev, this detects two touch events, with custom rules. But it doesn't work for me.

cheers
stemsee
edit: this works after installing mousetweaks

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.a11y.mouse secondary-click-enabled "true"

stemsee

#833 Post by stemsee »

I'm using the cinnamon version by ETP, I have no problems using Wifi-TrayNet, the builtin Gnome-Network-Manager is very good regardless.

Cinnamon is a bit buggy for touchscreen use sometimes, crashes and logsout of X. Sometimes requires forced shutdown, but overall it's really useable.

Blueman cannot connect to phone or headset. I will replace bluez5 with bluez4.

puppytahruser

synaptic showing only installed program

#834 Post by puppytahruser »

Hi fred,
I tried bionicdog32 bit doing manual frugal insatall ( extracted casper and edit menu.lst) booted fine. When open synaptic that only shows program which are already install no new program available while search) . Why is this?

backi

#835 Post by backi »

Connected to the Internet ?
Did you hit the "reload" Button in Synaptic ?

puppytahruser

re

#836 Post by puppytahruser »

yes net connected but not click reload button
will clicking reload solve the problem?
@backi

backi

#837 Post by backi »

Probably ........why not just test it ?

puppytahruser

re

#838 Post by puppytahruser »

Thank you Backi. Problem solved :) just hit the reload button.

backi

#839 Post by backi »

Congratulation !

wiak

#840 Post by wiak »

https://getpublii.com/
Create beautiful websites

Perfect HTML CMS for blogs, portfolios and company websites. Publii allows to you build, modify and manage an unlimited number of sites from the same app with instant switching; no databases or other credentials to remember. No coding or HTML required.
So, very excited to try this...I downloaded deb package of static site generator Publii (an electron app) onto my BionicDog64 system and it seemed to install fine. I ran it by:

cd /opt/Publii
./Publii --no-sandbox
It started up without issue. I clicked top right X to close it and restarted it; all fine. Then I did a save2flash and rebooted and tried starting it again but wouldn't start (big error message). I did an apt purge publii, and re-installed it and all fine again (until save2flash and reboot, which causes it not to work again...). Very sad. It's a very interesting static site creator, but I can't find out why it stops working on save2flash followed by reboot...

Help! Any ideas???

wiak

wiak

#841 Post by wiak »

I've since found that Publii works if download Publii.AppImage instead of the deb. If root user, need to run it with --no-sandbox option. Still don't know the issue with deb version and save2flash; maybe some Bionic library gets overwritten???

wiak

fredx181

#842 Post by fredx181 »

Hi wiak, thanks, I'll try to investigate the issue you mentioned within the next days, atm I'm in a flow of doing other things.

Fred

wiak

#843 Post by wiak »

fredx181 wrote:Hi wiak, thanks, I'll try to investigate the issue you mentioned within the next days, atm I'm in a flow of doing other things.

Fred
Yes, would be interesting to know what causes the issue, but no hurry, the Appimage version works fine, and personally I'm now using Hugo instead since really nice and has lots of docs/tutorial. Actually, it's my partner that needs the functionality, which is why I looked at Publii since more GUI drag and drop type of app, and Jekyll too technical, but Hugo learning curve isn't so steep for basic use anyway.

wiak

fredx181

#844 Post by fredx181 »

Hi wiak, I found the cause.
Indeed has to do with save2flash, well, actually with the snapmergepuppy script (called by save2flash) which skips copying the contents of any "trash" folder.
/opt/Publii contains a trash subfolder which is needed for Publii to run and cannot find it after reboot with save2flash.
I added upgraded package "porteusbootscript" (0.0.6) to repo, which contains fixed snapmergepuppy, installing that + re-installing Publii and it should be ok.

Fred

chesterpeng

unable to upgrade kernel

#845 Post by chesterpeng »

Hi there,
I am running BionicDog64_2018-06-04-firmware_all, frugal installed to sda1.
Recently, I am trying to upgrade the kernel through Menu->system->upgrade-kernel, the script seems to run successfully. see attached screen shot.
After rebooting, I find the system is still running old kernel.

root@bionicdog64:~# uname -a
Linux bionicdog64 4.15.0-22-generic #24-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 16 12:15:17 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@bionicdog64:~# 
and the two .bak files which are supposed to be created by the script do not exist under /casper.
I guess something must be messed up in my system, anyone knows how to clean it up?
Thanks.
Attachments
2020-04-14-01.png
(106.75 KiB) Downloaded 72 times