Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 14 Nov 2018, 00:44
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
X64 Puppies and Dogs
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Pete22

PostPosted: Mon 23 Apr 2018, 20:01    Post subject:  X64 Puppies and Dogs  

Can we have a topic just for X64 pupsand dog?
I know some puppy versions have both x32 and x64 and some don't,
but they are all mixed together here on the forum.
It would be nice to have one place for all the x64 versions of
Puppy linux or Dog Linux isos, pets and sfs.

Is this possible?

Pete22
april

PostPosted: Wed 25 Apr 2018, 04:59    Post subject:  

I'm wondering why ?

They all do the same thing except one handles 32 bits per clock cycle and the other 64 bits per clock cycle .

So what would be gained by separating them here?
hamoudoudou

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jun 2018, 13:33    Post subject: Ubuntu Has Just stopped support for 32bits.  

Ubuntu Has Just stopped support for 32bits. Of course Multiverse and Universe repositories will still exist, people can develop there what they like to (try to) develop.
Yes a section 64 bits is needed.. 32 bits should become soon without interest (and pleasure) for experts and VIPs, fully studying for 64 bits apps..
fredx181

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jun 2018, 13:43    Post subject: Re: Ubuntu Has Just stopped support for 32bits.  

hamoudoudou wrote:
Ubuntu Has Just stopped support for 32bits. Of course Multiverse and Universe repositories will still exist, people can develop there what they like to (try to) develop.
Yes a section 64 bits is needed.. 32 bits should become soon without interest (and pleasure) for experts and VIPs, fully studying for 64 bits apps..

"Ubuntu" itself, yes, only 64-bit available, but Xubuntu (xfce) and Lubuntu (lxde) have also choice for 32-bit.

Fred

Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun 2018, 22:31    Post subject:  

John Murga is the only one who can create new forums and sub-forums. In my opinion there are already plenty. People post in the wrong forum all the time. Most of them never seem to realize their mistake. Creating new forums would only be making more places for people to post where they shouldn't. Not to mention more places for spammers.

As to separating this forum into space for 32- and 64- bit operating systems, if everyone who starts a thread would just make it clear in their Subject line whether they're talking about 32-bit or 64-bit, then there wouldn't be a problem. The ambiguity causes confusion, which ultimately hurts the forum.
hamoudoudou

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun 2018, 22:41    Post subject: true !  

true !
Better than discuss apps in the Puppy (OS) topic, jump to the application topic would be a great step forward.. But Dogs and Puppy structure are different, they are not fully interchangeable.. Confused
Ok for xubuntu and other variants..
Development at ubuntu's (canonical) workshops ! Official means paid , people are employed for development..
No longer supported means that development is not closed, you are free to develop what you like.. as for Puppy Linux.. devs are so many.. too many, for individual purpose, not secured.. at your own risks
pp4mnklinux

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun 2018, 01:58    Post subject: no more sub-forums but BETTER SEARCHING MACHINE
Subject description: Improve it if possible

Flash wrote:
John Murga is the only one who can create new forums and sub-forums. In my opinion there are already plenty. People post in the wrong forum all the time. Most of them never seem to realize their mistake. Creating new forums would only be making more places for people to post where they shouldn't. Not to mention more places for spammers.

As to separating this forum into space for 32- and 64- bit operating systems, if everyone who starts a thread would just make it clear in their Subject line whether they're talking about 32-bit or 64-bit, then there wouldn't be a problem. The ambiguity causes confusion, which ultimately hurts the forum.

It could be possible its due to my "newbie" but instead more forums my vote goes to BETTER SEARCHING MACHINE if possible

(a lot of times I posted a questión and someone told me it is already answered and I couldn't find it anywhere)

THANKS

Version : #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 13 15:54:01 GMT 2017
C Library : GNU C Library version 2.23 (stable)

Distribution: xenial pup 7.5 x64

http://www.protopage.com/pp4mnkt3am#puPPy_Linux
april

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun 2018, 06:38    Post subject:  

When searching use

"site:murga-linux.com my thing Im looking up" in the browser search box

Then it will look for your subject but only on murga-linux.com.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: