Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 27 Feb 2020, 22:19
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
TazPuppy Beta 47
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 71 of 74 [1097 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 Next
Author Message
mistfire

Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1334
Location: PH

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec 2019, 01:08    Post subject:  

@perdido

Thanks. What a great details.

Here is the latest f2fs-install script. Launch it from terminal. I removed the full install mode. Its is pure frugal install.
f2fs-usb-installer.zip
Description  remove .zip extension
zip

 Download 
Filename  f2fs-usb-installer.zip 
Filesize  19.1 KB 
Downloaded  40 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
perdido


Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 1526
Location: ¿Altair IV , Just north of Eeyore Junction.?

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec 2019, 06:04    Post subject:  

mistfire wrote:
@perdido

Thanks. What a great details.

Here is the latest f2fs-install script. Launch it from terminal. I removed the full install mode. Its is pure frugal install.

Launched from terminal.
Script completed normally but the usb stick does not boot.
The error during boot is
Code:
boot:
No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!

The contents of both partitions.

ext2 32MB partition
-----------------------------

# tree
.
├── extlinux.conf
├── ldlinux.sys
├── lost+found
└── tazpup_5.0
├── initrd.xz
└── vmlinuz

2 directories, 4 files

f2fs partition
------------------------------

# tree
.
└── tazpup_5.0

########################################
Screens captures and terminal output below this section
Screens are in order of appearance. There were no errors indicated in the windows.

Installer start screen, see below for terminal output.















Screen above does not include terminal output that was redirected to a .txt file

Terminal output below as redirected to a .txt file Script exited normally.

Code:

yes
syslinux is /bin/syslinux
======================
exist_func
======================
e=
======================
func_gui1
======================
e=No f=Yes 1= 2=
/dev/sdd
======================
libparted : 3.2
======================
======================
mbr_func
======================
ext2 f2fs
======================
func_frugal
======================
======================
copy_func
======================
tazpup 5.0
single boot -
======================
boot_func
======================
EXIT=" Ok "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mistfire

Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1334
Location: PH

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec 2019, 06:45    Post subject:  

@perdido

Almost there. The usb was bootable but the generated configuration file had a problem. I will try to fix the script
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mistfire

Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1334
Location: PH

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:28    Post subject:  

@perdido

Here is the revised f2fs-installer script. It was almost a major overhaul to the script.

But before you run this. Reinstall the syslinux package using this command on terminal:
Code:
tazpkg -gi syslinux --forced

(Take note: The next TazPuppy release will have a properly installed syslinux package)

Just launch this script from terminal and show me the terminal outputs.
f2fs-usb-installer.zip
Description  remove .zip extension
zip

 Download 
Filename  f2fs-usb-installer.zip 
Filesize  20.12 KB 
Downloaded  43 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
perdido


Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 1526
Location: ¿Altair IV , Just north of Eeyore Junction.?

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec 2019, 15:06    Post subject:  

mistfire wrote:
@perdido

Here is the revised f2fs-installer script. It was almost a major overhaul to the script.

But before you run this. Reinstall the syslinux package using this command on terminal:
Code:
tazpkg -gi syslinux --forced

(Take note: The next TazPuppy release will have a properly installed syslinux package)

Just launch this script from terminal and show me the terminal outputs.


Updated syslinux via terminal.
Verified new syslinux is installed using Package Manager.
Rebooted, logged in as root/root
Opened Package Manager from menu
Package manager will not allow me to login after syslinux update
Reboot & try again, nope will not allow login.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
New script did not run. tried 3 different terminal programs with same result. Also would not run from install program.
Code:

root@TazPuppy:~# /usr/bin/f2fs-usb-installer
/usr/bin/f2fs-usb-installer: line 597: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
/usr/bin/f2fs-usb-installer: line 597: `}'
root@TazPuppy:~#


.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
perdido


Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 1526
Location: ¿Altair IV , Just north of Eeyore Junction.?

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec 2019, 15:30    Post subject:  

@mistfire
Should the sources on CD used during f2fs-usb-installer testing need to be updated with the new syslinux package?
So far I have been using only the TazPuppy Beta41 burned to CD as source files for copying to the usb stick.
I can update them if needed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
tom22251


Joined: 08 Oct 2019
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec 2019, 16:52    Post subject:  

@perdido

Try "#!/bin/sh" NOT "#!/bin/bash"

if i remember well, taz doesn't like bash,
only ash.

Tom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mistfire

Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1334
Location: PH

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec 2019, 21:18    Post subject:  

perdido wrote:
@mistfire
Should the sources on CD used during f2fs-usb-installer testing need to be updated with the new syslinux package?
So far I have been using only the TazPuppy Beta41 burned to CD as source files for copying to the usb stick.
I can update them if needed.


When you are booting tazpuppy beta 41 in pristine state. You have to update the syslinux package first. Please try this script again. Launch on the terminal. I fixed the syntax error on the script. Were getting closer to a working script
f2fs-usb-installer.zip
Description  remove .zip extension
zip

 Download 
Filename  f2fs-usb-installer.zip 
Filesize  20.15 KB 
Downloaded  40 Time(s) 

Last edited by mistfire on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 21:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mistfire

Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1334
Location: PH

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec 2019, 21:19    Post subject:  

tom22251 wrote:
@perdido

Try "#!/bin/sh" NOT "#!/bin/bash"

if i remember well, taz doesn't like bash,
only ash.

Tom


TazPuppy has a builtin bash unlike slitaz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
perdido


Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 1526
Location: ¿Altair IV , Just north of Eeyore Junction.?

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec 2019, 02:58    Post subject:  

mistfire wrote:
perdido wrote:
@mistfire
Should the sources on CD used during f2fs-usb-installer testing need to be updated with the new syslinux package?
So far I have been using only the TazPuppy Beta41 burned to CD as source files for copying to the usb stick.
I can update them if needed.


When you are booting tazpuppy beta 41 in pristine state. You have to update the syslinux package first. Please try this script again. Launch on the terminal. I fixed the syntax error on the script. Were getting closer to a working script


I booted from usb stick with fsfs-tools and syslinux forced-update packages added.
This boot is from a usb stick, same as all my other f2fs-usb-installer reports.

The install files "where to install from" I chose CD, it is the TazPuppy Beta 41 iso burned to CD, there are no updates applied.

After the f2fs-usb-installer finishes with no errors I shut down and try booting with the newly created usb install.
The stick does not boot. The message on the screen
Code:

boot:
Invalid or corrupt kernel image

Terminal output from f2fs-usb-installer
Code:

root@TazPuppy:~# /usr/bin/f2fs-usb-installer
yes
syslinux is /bin/syslinux
======================
exist_func
======================
e=/dev/sdd2|f2fs|15071232
1 + 0 = 1
/dev/sdd1 /dev/sdd2
======================
func_gui1
======================
e=No f=Yes 1= 2=
/dev/sdd
Unknown HZ value! (89) Assume 100.
======================
libparted : 3.2
======================
======================
mbr_func
======================
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
446 bytes copied, 0.00178556 s, 250 kB/s
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
440 bytes copied, 0.00535354 s, 82.2 kB/s
ext2 f2fs
======================
func_frugal
======================
======================
copy_func
======================
tazpup 5.0
single boot -
Copying sfs files...
Contents of /mnt/f2fs2/tazpup_5.0/ (f2fs)
fdrv_tazpup_5.0.sfs
puppy_tazpup_5.0.sfs
zdrv_tazpup_5.0.sfs

/usr/bin/f2fs-usb-installer: line 393: 15430 Killed                  /usr/lib/gtkdialog/box_splash -close never -text "$CPMSG1 $dev2 $CPMSG2"
Contents of /mnt/f2fs1/tazpup_5.0/ (ext2)
initrd.xz
vmlinuz

======================
boot_func
======================
/mnt/f2fs1 is device /dev/sdd1
/usr/bin/f2fs-usb-installer: line 601: 30217 Terminated              /usr/lib/gtkdialog/box_splash -close never -text "$SYSPLASH $dev1"
EXIT=" Ok "
root@TazPuppy:~#
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mistfire

Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1334
Location: PH

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec 2019, 03:46    Post subject:  

@perdido

Does it show the bootloader menu?

If yes, then the vmlinuz file might be corrupted. Please check the checksum of your downloaded tazpuppy live cd and compared it against the given checksum (Located and the first post of this thread). If the checksums dont match. The live cd you downloaded might be corrupted. If matched then the your burned cd might have a problem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
perdido


Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 1526
Location: ¿Altair IV , Just north of Eeyore Junction.?

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec 2019, 05:53    Post subject:  

mistfire wrote:
@perdido

Does it show the bootloader menu?

If yes, then the vmlinuz file might be corrupted. Please check the checksum of your downloaded tazpuppy live cd and compared it against the given checksum (Located and the first post of this thread). If the checksums dont match. The live cd you downloaded might be corrupted. If matched then the your burned cd might have a problem


No bootloader menu
Never gets that far

md5 sum has been confirmed multiple times multiple ways.
md sum of vmlinuz on stick that did not boot
md5= 49922157d2e183dedcae46086e380f13
same as on cd.
cd iso has verified md5 sum --> bf1d0d76ca4d821fdd19f0dc1264bf36

Files in the usb stick that did not boot listed below

ext2 32MB partition
--------------------------
# tree
.
├── extlinux.conf -->md5 c9f992a9a043d38da6b8a48041db9540
├── ldlinux.sys --> md5 daa001e3122913b37073baa66e425149
├── lost+found
└── tazpup_5.0
├── initrd.xz --> md5 efcc678013a712d9aa6ce90dfd093c90
└── vmlinuz --> md5 49922157d2e183dedcae46086e380f13

2 directories, 4 files

fsf2 partition
--------------------
# tree
.
└── tazpup_5.0

1 directory, 0 files




.
error.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   45.98 KB
 Viewed   133 Time(s)

error.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mistfire

Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1334
Location: PH

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec 2019, 08:08    Post subject:  

@perdido may I see the content of your extlinux.conf file?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mistfire

Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1334
Location: PH

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec 2019, 11:15    Post subject:  

@perdido

I make a mockup test by modifying the f2fs installer script to detect hard drives instead of usb flashdrive for installing tazpuppy; suprisingly, the script works nicely and boots. Could you test this script to other usb flash drive?
f2fs-usb-installer.zip
Description  remove .zip extension
zip

 Download 
Filename  f2fs-usb-installer.zip 
Filesize  20.49 KB 
Downloaded  36 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
perdido


Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 1526
Location: ¿Altair IV , Just north of Eeyore Junction.?

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec 2019, 13:12    Post subject:  

mistfire wrote:
@perdido may I see the content of your extlinux.conf file?

extlinux.conf
Code:

PROMPT 0
TIMEOUT 20
DEFAULT /
MENU TITLE Puppy Linux

LABEL tazpup
MENU LABEL  tazpup 5.0
KERNEL /tazpup_5.0/vmlinuz
APPEND initrd=/tazpup_5.0/initrd.xz pmedia=usbflash psavemark=2 psubdir=tazpup_5.0

MENU SEPARATOR

LABEL hd
MENU LABEL Boot from 1st HD
localboot -1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 71 of 74 [1097 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0947s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0348s) ][ GZIP on ]