N.E.M.E.S.I.S. 0.0.4

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
ITSMERSH

#16 Post by ITSMERSH »

Hi.

I'm in N.E.M.E.S.I.S. BionicPup64 at the moment and posting from this new Puppy.

Since BionicPup64 comes with Palemoon browser, I discovered a small issue when trying to store Palemoon's settings external by using the Add to S.I.N. action.

Palemoon's settings directory, /root/.moonchild productions has spaces in its name.

The Add to S.I.N. function is prepared to store multiple files at once, and those files are separated by spaces. So, the space in /root/.moonchild productions makes it impossible to store it by Add to S.I.N. action.

Here's a small workaround to avoid this problem:

- rename /root/.moonchild productions to /root/.moonchild-productions
- right-click the renamed directory and choose Add to S.I.N.
- make a symbolic link to /root/.moonchild-productions and name it /root/.moonchild productions
- copy that symbolic link to /root/_root_.moonchild productions
- move that copy symbolic link into directory $BOOTDIR/N.E.M.E.S.I.S./Copy2OS
(so, it's path may look like: /mnt/sda1/bionic64/N.E.M.E.S.I.S./Copy2OS/_root_.moonchild productions)

Btw: files from $BOOTDIR/N.E.M.E.S.I.S./Copy2OS are copied into the OS at boot. File or directory e.g. _root_.moonchild productions will be stored as /root/.moonchild productions. This works for all files and directories that doesn't contain underscores in its file name. Its parent directories are created automatically, if not existing.

So, a file _usr_share_these_directories_do_not_exist_my-new-file.txt appears in the OS as /usr/share/these/directories/do/not/exist/my-new-file.txt.

oui

#17 Post by oui »

Hallo Rainer

As using now N.E.M.E.S.I.S. 0.0.4 (with your help at the German subdiv of the forum), two new questions:

a/ I have divers PC's. Easier as reinstall frugal on the different PC would be to use an autostarting USB key. Recommended installations steps?

b/ You did announce me a new version N.E.M.E.S.I.S. 0.0.5.

Which Puppy/Pupplet would be the first (pls download link to avoid different version number in the names of the files used at starting time like now with Bionic64, where the right one for N.E.M.E.S.I.S. 0.0.4 is not any more on the download site!). I suppose it will be a 32 bit ISO (I need a new 32 bit version as Pupjibaro Jessie is extremely to far from the usual Puppy goodies habits to be used with N.E.M.E.S.I.S. !).

Kind regards

Last edited by oui on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

ITSMERSH

#18 Post by ITSMERSH »

Hallo oui.

Kannst Du das bitte im DE topic auf deutsch einstellen?

Ich habe manchmal Tage, da bin ich nicht so gut in EN, und bei Dir habe ich nicht selten Schwierigkeiten den Sinn zu vestehen, wenn Du in EN schreibst.

Sorry, aber das macht es für mich einfacher.

Danke.