Gtkwialog project

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
fredx181

#91 Post by fredx181 »

Hi wiak,

Well... Sad.. what can I say, however I can understand you're dissapointed, I believe you are taking things too much personally.

gtkdialog and gtkwialog can be installed together on a Dog or Puppy system.
I made only a few programs using gtkdialog, not too complicated converting to use gtkwialog, so I would do it that way.
You would probably do the same with your programs (and others, like pfind).
Apparently rcrsn51 would choose different by converting to POSIX, and has his reasons for that.
(and the "Puppy developers" also have their reasons for just sticking with gtkdialog and keeping sh symlinked to bash)

So, please reconsider your decision to abandon this project.
For sure it's useful, even if only you (and/or me) would use it for your contributed programs.

Sorry if I'm thinking too simple, I can't help seeing it like that, also about "Dog vs Puppy", too much fuzz about that IMO, they both exist and everyone can choose freely what he/she prefers to use (or help develop).

Fred

wiak

#92 Post by wiak »

comment removed by author as irrelevant
Last edited by wiak on Mon 09 Jul 2018, 06:53, edited 2 times in total.

nosystemdthanks

#93 Post by nosystemdthanks »

if you really believe in a project then you need to work on it. otherwise, you dont.

if the problem is really the forum then you should do like the woof devs have done in the past and pull back from the main forum, even start your own (or pm me.)

this forum pulls people back after years and years, but it also pushes people away sometimes. this forum is definitely good for being told everything thats wrong with what youre doing (and sometimes whats right) but sometimes maybe there should be a forum where people have a little more room to tinker and discuss ideas. the main problem with doing that here is-- it doesnt always work out here.

which doesnt mean it cant, it just doesnt always.

but a fallback forum would be a good idea for this sort of thing. heck, even a vacation forum where you can keep working on stuff but without the "big city" feel that this place gets occasionally. like i said, pm me if you want to.

wiak

#94 Post by wiak »

comment removed by author as irrelevant
Last edited by wiak on Mon 09 Jul 2018, 06:53, edited 3 times in total.

wiak

#95 Post by wiak »

details of current state of gtkwialog projects development can be found here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 007#998007

wiak

#96 Post by wiak »

First public release with source code:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=113873

EDIT: 32bit and 64bit versions now uploaded to above link.

wiak