Using amule

Booting, installing, newbie
JeremyNail

Using amule

#1 Post by JeremyNail »

Hi,

I installed amule in my Puppy linux live USB.
Now there is a problem: every time I restart it I'm unable to find the part files or recovery them.

What's the problem?

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

What specific Puppy version?
I installed amule
How did you do the install?
Specific details?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

Probably need to search the forum or help wiki for this program.
http://amule.org/
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

tommy

#4 Post by tommy »

Hi, I use aMule and no save file on a pristine Slacko. I install aMule .pet. only when I need it.

Here's what I do (this trick applies to every Puplet, not only Slacko).

The very first time I start aMule, I configure in 'Preferences' menu the /temp and /incoming folders to point to a specific hard disc, the listening ports that I opened in my router, etc, then begin to search files and download as usual.

When I'm finished, I close aMule and:

1) copy the hidden folder /.aMule that is found in /root folder. If you do that in Rox, you have to click to the 'eye' icon on the upper bar, in order to see hidden folders. I usually drag & drop .aMule folder to my USB pendrive.

2) now I can shutdown Puppy without creating a savefile.

3) the next time I boot Puppy (always without savefile) I copy the hidden /.amule folder from my USB pendrive to /root BEFORE installing the aMule .pet, and then I install it and start aMule.

As a result, aMule will read all the configuration files inside the .aMule folder, keeping the 'statistics', the KAD clients and Server.met list, the dowloaded and partial files, the listening ports etc.

If you use, like me, an external hard disk to store /temp and /incoming folders, be sure to mount it BEFORE starting aMule, and check that it has always the same name (for example, if you boot Puppy on USB, the USB will probably be /dev/sda1, and the external hard drive will probably be /dev/sdb1 etc).

Good luck!!