Zoom - video chat software

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
jamesbond

Re: Zoom - video chat software

#61 Post by jamesbond »

Sky Aisling wrote:Hi Zooming Puppies,

How do I update Zoom in FatDog?
Zoom wouldn't let me join my monthly meeting tonight.
It says I must update to 5.0 Zoom.
I choose Debian from the list of Linux types.
It downloads the same Zoom version 8.0 that I took back in March.
I am assuming that I go to FatDog site for answer?

Thanks,
Sky
step maintains an updated Zoom SFS for Fatdog, here.
Fatdog64 forum links: [url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Latest version[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/ke8sn5H]Contributed packages[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/se8scrb]ISO builder[/url]

Sky Aisling

Zoom - Video Chat Software

#62 Post by Sky Aisling »

Thank you, James
Sky

Sky Aisling

Zoom - video chat software

#63 Post by Sky Aisling »

Hello kennel mates,

Just a quick checkin...FYI
I did get ZOOM-5 working in BionicPup64

Now I am attempting to get ZOOM-5 running in BionicPup32 upupbb.
I am getting the same error messages as vtpup.

The reason I am attempting to get ZOOM-5 working on BionicPup32 (upupbb) is that the 64bit machine that I did get Bionic Beaver-64 and ZOOM-5 to work on is a HP dm1 that overheats quickly and kicks the fan on causing a lot of background noise. My group that I ZOOM with, says they have a hard time hearing me because of all the static.

So, I've resurrected a beautiful 13 year old Zareason Laptop 32 bit that is a superior piece of machinery. The sound is excellent and it has a web cam eye. However, the Zareason boots only from CD or HDD, no flash drive boot.

Yes, libxb-xtest0 installed.
ZOOM-5 shows up in .opt.
I am running as root.

Sky
Attachments
LD_Library1(1).png
(124.91 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

gabtech

zoom

#64 Post by gabtech »

Hi people,

I've successfully installed zoom in tahr64-light and it works just fine as I'm able to attend meetings and hold meetings. My concern is I get the error in the attached screenshot when I run zoom from terminal. libdbus-1.so.3 is installed in /lib/libdbus-1.so.3, it's a symlink to libdbus-1.so.3.7.6.
Attachments
capture19878.png
(139.79 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

Mike Walsh

#65 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ gabtech:-

TBH, this happens more often than you realise. Very often an app will "protest" that it simply must have 'version information' for a specific dependency.....and then it'll go ahead and launch anyway.

In all honesty, if everything runs & does what you want it to do, I wouldn't worry too much about it..! If you take too much notice of the terminal output from some apps, you'll frighten yourself silly; I'm thinking here of the Chromium-based browsers in particular. What isn't common knowledge is that the devs over at the Chromium Project have coded things in such a way that the browser gives a continuous, on-going "debug" report all the time it's running.

Which is great for developers, but frightens the crap out of the average user who isn't "in the know".....and this is in fact common practice, especially for more complex applications.

Mike. :wink:

gabtech

#66 Post by gabtech »

Thanks mike for the insight.