Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 28 Jan 2020, 03:45
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Bionicpup64 8.0 CE
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 48 of 77 [1148 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, ..., 75, 76, 77 Next
Author Message
666philb


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3519
Location: wales

PostPosted: Tue 12 Mar 2019, 05:50    Post subject:  

dancytron wrote:
I attempted to do a remaster and while it successfully created the /mnt/home/puppylivecd directory with all of the correct stuff just like I wanted, it did not create the *.iso file. There were no errors that I could see.

I've attached a screenshot showing that there is no *.iso file where there should be and also a "readme.txt" file that outlines exactly what I was trying to do.

I am guessing that there is some package that creates the iso file that is missing???????


hi dancytron,

i just tried a remaster and it worked for me. is this bionicpup64-8.0? also are you using an old savefile from the betas? as there was an issue with remastering in older bionicpups.

_________________
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
dancytron

Joined: 18 Jul 2012
Posts: 1443

PostPosted: Tue 12 Mar 2019, 22:01    Post subject:  

666philb wrote:
dancytron wrote:
I attempted to do a remaster and while it successfully created the /mnt/home/puppylivecd directory with all of the correct stuff just like I wanted, it did not create the *.iso file. There were no errors that I could see.

I've attached a screenshot showing that there is no *.iso file where there should be and also a "readme.txt" file that outlines exactly what I was trying to do.

I am guessing that there is some package that creates the iso file that is missing???????


hi dancytron,

i just tried a remaster and it worked for me. is this bionicpup64-8.0? also are you using an old savefile from the betas? as there was an issue with remastering in older bionicpups.


Okay, thanks for the quick reply. It was bionicpup64-8.0 with a new save file.

I have some ideas, but it will be a few days until I can check it again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
bigpup


Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 13205
Location: S.C. USA

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar 2019, 01:40    Post subject:  

None of the Boot Loader install programs in Bionicpup64 8.0 will make a boot loader for uefi bios with secure boot enabled.

I did a frugal install of Bionicpup64 8.0 on an internal emmc drive.
With secure boot disabled. The uefi bios gives no option to boot from it.
With secure boot enabled. The uefi bios will see it as a bootable device, but only if there is a uefi boot loader on it.

To get a uefi boot loader installed I used the FrugalPup program.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114340

This is what I did using FrugalPup.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1021580#1021580

_________________
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected Shocked
YaPI(any iso installer)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Lobster
Official Crustacean


Joined: 04 May 2005
Posts: 15578
Location: Paradox Realm

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar 2019, 04:21    Post subject:  Thanks - keep up the good work
Subject description: Well done Team Puppy
 

Very Happy

Very happy to be using BionicPup Very Happy

Particularly like:
    the Menu/Setup/Puppy Updates - good plan!
    Menu/Desktop/Redshift - no glare
    Quickpet - easy essentials
    Gplanirity - simple games, yeah baby

I am also pleased to report that sound recording, always a nightmare setting up, was for once easy for me. Cool

_________________
Puppy Raspup 8.2 Final Cool
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
westwest

Joined: 10 Apr 2015
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar 2019, 22:57    Post subject: 8.0  

In the Mouse Wizard, changing any setting then clicking OK disables the touchpad, seemingly irremediably. This was not so with earlier BionicPups.

Also, no Xorg.0.log shows up when requested in PupSysInfo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
wiak

Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 1862
Location: not Bulgaria

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar 2019, 23:00    Post subject:  

Please see woof-CE from github BionicPup64 earlier kernel (sha256 file at ibiblio huge kernel repo) issue here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1021706#1021706

wiak

_________________
New Puppy/Dog forum: https://puppylinux.rockedge.org
Tiny Linux Blog: https://www.tinylinux.info/
Check Firmware: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1022797
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
666philb


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3519
Location: wales

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar 2019, 07:18    Post subject:  

wiak wrote:
Please see woof-CE from github BionicPup64 earlier kernel (sha256 file at ibiblio huge kernel repo) issue here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1021706#1021706

wiak

cheers wiak ... fixed

_________________
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
666philb


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3519
Location: wales

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar 2019, 07:20    Post subject: Re: Thanks - keep up the good work
Subject description: Well done Team Puppy
 

Lobster wrote:
Very Happy

Very happy to be using BionicPup Very Happy

Particularly like:
    the Menu/Setup/Puppy Updates - good plan!
    Menu/Desktop/Redshift - no glare
    Quickpet - easy essentials
    Gplanirity - simple games, yeah baby

I am also pleased to report that sound recording, always a nightmare setting up, was for once easy for me. Cool


thanks lobster

good to see you!

_________________
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
666philb


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3519
Location: wales

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar 2019, 07:47    Post subject: Re: 8.0  

westwest wrote:
In the Mouse Wizard, changing any setting then clicking OK disables the touchpad, seemingly irremediably. This was not so with earlier BionicPups.

Also, no Xorg.0.log shows up when requested in PupSysInfo.


hi westwest,

thanks ... i've reported the mouse issue on woofce.

PupSysInfo is showing the Xorg.0.log for me, maybe check it manually /var/log/Xorg.0.log

_________________
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
bigpup


Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 13205
Location: S.C. USA

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar 2019, 09:34    Post subject:  

New version of UExtract 3.34 released
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1021754#1021754
Quote:
Improvements and fixes.
- check the free space on destination device after extraction and issue a warning if it's used in 100% (thanks to don570)
- can extract UPXed Windows binaries
- AppRun: try to properly handle filenames with HTML % triplets, which are replaced by ROX to ASCII characters
- (un)install scripts compatibile with Fatdog build system
- various fixes and improvements
- new formats/extensions:

.fsl (same as .fossil) [fossil]
.sar & .sqlar (SQLite Archive) [sqlite3|fossil]
.zds (GZDoom Save File) [unzip|7z]

_________________
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected Shocked
YaPI(any iso installer)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
666philb


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3519
Location: wales

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar 2019, 09:53    Post subject:  

bigpup wrote:
New version of UExtract 3.34 released
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1021754#1021754
Quote:
Improvements and fixes.
- check the free space on destination device after extraction and issue a warning if it's used in 100% (thanks to don570)
- can extract UPXed Windows binaries
- AppRun: try to properly handle filenames with HTML % triplets, which are replaced by ROX to ASCII characters
- (un)install scripts compatibile with Fatdog build system
- various fixes and improvements
- new formats/extensions:

.fsl (same as .fossil) [fossil]
.sar & .sqlar (SQLite Archive) [sqlite3|fossil]
.zds (GZDoom Save File) [unzip|7z]


thanks bigpup ... updated

_________________
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
rockedge


Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 1478
Location: Connecticut, United States

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar 2019, 15:29    Post subject:  

I have a question concerning /bin/dhpcd and a problem of CPU load.

after a start or reboot of Bionic64-v8 ( and v7.9.8 ) an instance of
/bin/dhpcd, is pegging a 4 core CPU at 100%. This remains so until I kill the job and the CPU loads go to normal and everything seems to work as expected.
Screenshot(18).png
 Description   
 Filesize   102.8 KB
 Viewed   404 Time(s)

Screenshot(18).png

Screenshot(19).png
 Description   
 Filesize   108.84 KB
 Viewed   405 Time(s)

Screenshot(19).png

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
666philb


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3519
Location: wales

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar 2019, 17:26    Post subject:  

rockedge wrote:
I have a question concerning /bin/dhpcd and a problem of CPU load.

after a start or reboot of Bionic64-v8 ( and v7.9.8 ) an instance of
/bin/dhpcd, is pegging a 4 core CPU at 100%. This remains so until I kill the job and the CPU loads go to normal and everything seems to work as expected.


hi rockedge,

i reckon something that you've installed has added another dhpcd as bionicpups dhpcd is in /usr/sbin

_________________
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
rockedge


Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 1478
Location: Connecticut, United States

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar 2019, 18:45    Post subject:  

Quote:
bionicpups dhpcd is in /usr/sbin


that is a good clue, and I suspected it is something installed or better yet, maybe caused by the save folder being imported from a v7.9.8

there seems to be some difference? I have 2 but they are not the same
/bin/dhpcd
/usr/sbin/dhcpcd

what would install /bin/dhpcd ? I am not sure yet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
rockedge


Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 1478
Location: Connecticut, United States

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar 2019, 19:19    Post subject:  

Thank you 666philb, that was a good tip and so.... after testing a bit, I deleted /bin/dhcpd and that fixed it.

matter of fact Bionic64-v8 runs very well on this machine now and is Fast

PC Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Name: OptiPlex 990
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Core Count: 4
▶—— PHYSICAL MEMORY ——◀

Installed Memory: 8 GB
Maximum Memory: 32 GB
Number Of Slots: 4

Linux Kernel: 4.19.25-rt16 (x86_64)
Kernel Version: #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Wed Mar 13 18:57:00 EDT 2019
Build GCC: 7.3.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 48 of 77 [1148 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, ..., 75, 76, 77 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0885s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0330s) ][ GZIP on ]