Restore folder sharing between Windows 10 and Xenialpup 7.5.

Booting, installing, newbie
soniabu

Restore folder sharing between Windows 10 and Xenialpup 7.5.

#1 Post by soniabu »

Updating Windows 10 may cause the loss of the ability to write/delete data from Xenialpup in the shared folders of Windows 10.
After several failures to fix the message: "error system file in read only" - I was trying to save data from Xenialpup to Windows folders -, I activated Win and re-executed the procedure for sharing folders.
Especially in the advanced settings of the "properties" function of the folders to be shared I ticked the edit boxes and complete check.
After all this, from Xenialpup 7.5 I was able to save the data again in the Windows folders.
That's it.
Sonia
P.S- 1 oct 2018:
While I was saving data in a folder of the O.S. Windows, I still got the error: "system file in read only"; but this time even if I performed the boring procedure I described earlier, sometime the error remains. It seems like an occasional error that I don't understand what it depends on. if you insist, it comes to a time when everything goes well. Unexplained mystery.
Last edited by soniabu on Mon 01 Oct 2018, 17:18, edited 2 times in total.

mikeslr

#2 Post by mikeslr »

@ Sonia, thanks for posting.

@ flash, this should probably be in the How To Section.

mikesLr

soniabu

#3 Post by soniabu »

mikeslr wrote:@ Sonia, thanks for posting.

@ flash, this should probably be in the How To Section.

mikesLr
it may be; but I don't know how to move it.
Next time I'll be more careful to choose the appropriate section. Excuse me. :oops: