How can I make Firefox save passwords? (solved)

Using applications, configuring, problems
pp4mnklinux

How can I make Firefox save passwords? (solved)

#1 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everybody:

Today I decided to change my default browser to FF (because of the update option) BUT my main problem is that firefox doesnt save passwords or history.

I looked into config files, but although I mark remember passwords, it doesnt do it.

Whan can I do to make FF remember all password so It doesnt ask me every time? (I want it to write them automatically when saved one time)

THANKS
Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Sun 28 Oct 2018, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Firefox saves passwords automatically for me. Or rather, it automatically asks if I want to save the password I just used. Which version of FF are you using? Where did you find it and how did you install it?

I downloaded the latest version of Firefox from the Mozilla website. I did not "install" it. To use it, I first extracted the compressed file and put the resulting Firefox folder somewhere (this way of running it, it doesn't matter where you put it.) Then, in Rox, I made it executable by right-clicking on the Firefox folder, choosing permissions, then yes. Then I opened the Firefox folder, found the gear symbol labeled "Firefox" and dragged it onto the desktop, thus making a symbolic link or "shortcut" to the real one in the Firefox folder. Now, to start Firefox, all I have to do is left-click on the "Firefox" gear on my Puppy desktop.