Installing .sfs files in Slacko 5.7.1 (Solved)

Booting, installing, newbie
Bill3

Installing .sfs files in Slacko 5.7.1 (Solved)

#1 Post by Bill3 »

The instructions for installing .sfs files that I have found say to copy the .sfs file to the /mnt/home directory. My Slacko 5.7.1 does not have a /mnt/home directory. Would it be better to make a /mnt/home directory or to copy .sfs files to another directory?
Last edited by Bill3 on Sun 28 Oct 2018, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.

ally

#2 Post by ally »

you have a frugal install correct?

:)

Bill3

#3 Post by Bill3 »

Yes. Everything is on a 2GGB flash drive.

ITSMERSH

#4 Post by ITSMERSH »

The directory /mnt/home will appear only if a save file was created (don't know about save directory, though it should be equal). If you are running without save file (or save directory), you can manually or by script place a link /mnt/home.

But there's no need to have /mnt/home to use .sfs modules. I'm generally running without save files/directories and using .sfs modules is my way to use programs in general. Meanwhile I got 985 .sfs modules in my "Modules" directory for the use in 12 different Puppies (of course, not all .sfs do work in all Puppies).

mikeslr

#5 Post by mikeslr »

Hi just adding to what ITSMERSH said.

You can SFS-Load SFSes by Right-Clicking them and selecting SFS-Load from the popup menu wherever they may be. When an SFS file is not on /mnt/home you may receive instructions, the most important of which would be not to move the file while it's in use.

Bill3

#6 Post by Bill3 »

Ahh. Once again, thanks to Ally, RSH, and Mike for getting me up and moving.

Bill3