dogpile

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
labbe5

dogpile

#1 Post by labbe5 »

Dogpile is a metasearch engine for information on the World Wide Web that fetches results from Google, Yahoo!, and Yandex, and includes results from several other popular search engines, including those from audio and video content providers. Quote from Wikipedia.

Looking for superior search results?

I found over the time dogpile gives me the search results i want and need whereas using only one search engine, such as Google or DuckDuckGo, provides me with a lot of junk that i need to filter.

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Indeed, dogpile is a fine search engine.
Except, in my experience, it doesn't work half the time...
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Colonel Panic

#3 Post by Colonel Panic »

Here's an article about metasearch engines, which is distinctly unenthusiastic about them;

https://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog ... pared.html

I still use dogpile sometimes though.

(Just in passing; there used to be some weird and wonderful search engines when I first went online, 21 or so years ago in late 1997. I remember one called Black Widow, whose URL was something like www.penetang.com.)
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.