Inkscape 0.9 in xenialpup

Talk about and post software packages known to work or packaged for Puppy.
liofter

Inkscape 0.9 in xenialpup

#1 Post by liofter »

Hello!
I am a new member in the forum and I would say a beginner in dealing with Puppy problems and solutions although I have been using Puppy for a while.

A few days ago, I made a frugal installation of Xenialpup to the hard drive of an old Toshiba laptop, along with Tahrpup and Slacko, just to be able to try the latest updates of certain applications.

I am working with graphics and I need a full Inkscape app and not just Inkscapelite.
Also, the wacom tablet is working perfectly in xenialpup (which I could not manage to make it working for other Puppies) and this is the reason I want Inkscape in xenialpup.

Through the PPM, in ubuntu-xenial-main repository, I installed Inkscape 0.91, but it is not working, because of a missing library.

The error message through the terminal is the following
" Inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: libgslcblas.so.0: canoot open shared object file: No such file or directory "

I also tried to install gjuhasz 's Inkscape created pet (see at "http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=98552") which is running perfectly in Tahrpup but again a missing library error appeared.

I have been searching a way to download this library but I could not find something.

I really want to make Inkscape working for xenialpup, so if someone would know about this matter and give an answer, i would be very grateful!