Onionshare do not start

Antivirus, forensics, intrusion detection, cryptography, etc.
soniabu

#21 Post by soniabu »

Semme, don't worry about me, you've been nice.
I try to solve it myself I don't want to disturb you further.
:D

Semme

#22 Post by Semme »

The maintainer of that PPA probably compiled everything to be used as a complete set. Like most programs, especially one Python based, well, updating bits and pieces is sketchy @ best. Good to see the updated version is there, but, getting the whole shebang to work again.... hmmmpf! :D
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

soniabu

#23 Post by soniabu »

OK Semme, I understood you were very polite and I learned something new, thank you Semme.
sonia

Semme

#24 Post by Semme »

Good Sonia. Anytime.. :wink:
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

soniabu

#25 Post by soniabu »

I am sorry that it is so complex to make it work onionshare 2.2 as I have read that it allows many additional functions compared to the release found in PPM which however works to transfer files to 'anonymous'. Sin.

Semme

#26 Post by Semme »

Sonia, why not take a crack @ compiling it yourself?

Semme

#27 Post by Semme »

soniabu

#28 Post by soniabu »

dear semme, I am ignorant and do not know Linux. Now I try to research how it is compiled; but I have doubts about my abilities.
however, I try to follow the suggestion.
wait i watch link.
tks Semme

Semme

#29 Post by Semme »

If your OnionShare is still 2.2, install this and reload.

soniabu

#30 Post by soniabu »

Installed but don't work
root# cd Downloads
root# onionshare WAB.pdf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/onionshare", line 21, in <module>
import onionshare
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/onionshare/__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
from .web import Web
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/onionshare/web/__init__.py", line 21, in <module>
from .web import Web
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/onionshare/web/web.py", line 22, in <module>
from flask_httpauth import HTTPBasicAuth
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'flask_httpauth'
root#
:cry:
[/img]

Semme

#31 Post by Semme »

Yeah, didn't think it'd be THAT easy. But here Sonia, I want you to read these..
Puppy makes things harder with its half-assed, incomplete support for Python, but if you start with a standard commercial-grade Python package such as the free ones from ActiveState, you will have no problem adding on 3rd-party packages.
I agree BTW. It would be nice if Quickpet included an ActiveState script or SFS.

Still, it's not that complicated to get it set up for use with Pup.

soniabu

#32 Post by soniabu »

Semme, I also found here: https://ubuntu.pkgs.org/20.04/ubuntu-mu ... l.deb.html
that I miss (two) of these pre-requisites for onionshare 2.2; now I read what you have indicated to me then I try to search in the PPM if I find the missing ones.
see you later
sonia