How do I remaster Puppy for Norwegian?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Kark

How do I remaster Puppy for Norwegian?

#1 Post by Kark »

I am a teacher of Norwegian as a second language, and I have found that puppy is perfect for making a zero budget language learning lab/ live cd. I have installed it on several old computers, and it works marvelously well. It serves interaktive webpages and has a recording and phonetics program(wavesurfer). Now I want to develop this into a live-cd in Norwegian, and I have a few challenges that I don't know exactly how to cope with. I would be extremely greatful if anyone could help me with this!

1. I want to include Wavesurfer in the Puppy live-cd. The program is written in tcl/tk and it works very well in puppy. However, I don't know how to include it in a new cd. I have tried to just put the folder with the program among the other folders in unleashed, chosen the package when asked, but it doesn't show up in the readymade product. How to sort this out? The package is here:

http://www.speech.kth.se/wavesurfer/

2. I'd like to set locale to Norwegian. Is that possible? Some programs, like Wavesurfer, will change interface/language according to locale settings, but I can't do that in puppy.

3. I also want to include Opera with Norwegian as the default language, with an icon on the desktop, and starting from a given page.

4 I want to put some material in the htdocs, as well as a script in cgi-bin.

5. I want the webserver to start on boot.

Any ideas anyone