2.10 SeaMonkey email very slow sometimes

Please post any bugs you have found
Flash
Official Dog Handler

2.10 SeaMonkey email very slow sometimes

#1 Post by Flash »

There appears to be a bug in Puppy 2.10 SeaMonkey's email. When I'm composing an email, sometimes it takes 10 seconds to respond to a command. If I save the email I'm composing, then close it and reload it from the "Drafts" folder, it seems to work ok at least for a while.

I'm running entirely in (2GB) RAM from a multisession DVD+R, so it can't be an issue of disk thrashing.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

I've discovered that this happens when I paste a large article into a message.

I copy news items and articles, then paste them into e-mails to send to friends, or so I can find them again. :lol:

This has always worked fine in SeaMonkey's mail client until Puppy 2.10.

What happens now is, when I paste a large item into an email the window (except for the cursor) locks up for an amount of time that seems to be proportional to the size of the item. Small items of just a few lines cause no apparent freeze at all. Large ones have caused Puppy to freeze, except for the cursor, for a full minute.

The item is pasted after the delay, but scrolling is slow and jerky. Also, entering an addressee from the address book shows the same delay, although copying the title of the article and pasting it into the subject line does not.

PaulBx1

#3 Post by PaulBx1 »

I too had noticed Seamonkey email being slow and jerky in scrolling back at 2.02 or earlier and posted here about it, but no one commented. Maybe it is beyond our fixing and has to be worked out on the Seamonkey forum, and we just have to put up with it till they fix it (assuming they know about it - maybe it is not even manifested in Windows!) Right now for me it is an annoyance, but I can live with it.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

SeaMonkeyls email worked flawlessly for me up till Puppy 2.10.

I just downloaded a fresh 2.10r1 iso and burned a new DVD using burniso2cd, then saved the session using the "save" icon on the 2.02 desktop. All my email settings and messages from 2.02 were saved. Now when I paste into a new email there is no delay.

I still have the first 2.10 disk if anyone can suggest anything to compare it with.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]