Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 21 Sep 2019, 21:58
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
I can not use mouse when i use xenial when he use only RAM
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 2 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
OldAcer

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb 2019, 20:29    Post subject:  

Quote:
Hi, it is an wired mouse

Roberto meant, it is not wireless; as newer laptop, it is surely touchpad.

There is no install, it is boot from USB flashdrive using only RAM. May not have access to harddrive.

Bigpup, I had suggested that Roberto try to borrow a USB mouse from a desktop.
If the write to the flashdrive was good enough to boot & display, is is likely that just the touchpad driver is bad? Mikesir had mentioned problems older distros had with vivobooks, requiring "nomodeset", but if Xenial screen is OK, would any video problem only affect touchpad?

In the boot menu/option for video problems, would there be more mouse options to try or a way to run the Mouse-keyboard-Wizard?

Are there any keyboard commands to get focus and navigate the desktop like Windows 95 had?

Previously, I had suggested to Roberto how to put a command to open the wizard into the Startup directory; it can be used with only arrow keys. How would that actually be done on a USB boot drive? That directory would be hidden in an .sfs file? Is there a way with keyboard only to cause a shutdown and save to the flashdrive?
OldAcer

PostPosted: Sat 16 Feb 2019, 03:22    Post subject:  

Hey, Roberto, if you have the Xenial screen shown, you should be able to press F12 (function key 12) to bring up the Desktop Manager. Then 2 down arrows will show all the Setup programs. Then 1 right-arrow (because that is where the arrow is shown on the Manager list, even if the list of Setup programs is on the left side). Then down-arrow until "Mouse/Keyboard Wizard" is selected, and then Enter or Return key.

On my laptop, you would use 1 right-arrow then 2 down-arrow to select "touchpad". But on mine, that only sets various options, not different drivers or types. What do you see?

You can also use the F12 key to run anything on the menu, like Exit.
Page 2 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: