Why not drop "full" installs??

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
ozsouth

#16 Post by ozsouth »

I have had stability problems with all ubuntu based pups on newer pc - slacko 700rc has been stable though dated. WoofCE problem maybe? I don't know. Peebee has made great efforts on slacko current. He & 666philb are very productive.

rockedge

#17 Post by rockedge »

rufwoof wrote:Puppy is in effect in relative decay/decline.
I've heard that bullshit before.

You seem to forget that Puppy Linux is still meant to run well on older hardware or no?. EasyOS isn't that easy on old machines. Once they've all died and are extinct and today's higher powered machines are tomorrow's throw a ways......

But what do I know?

ITSMERSH

#18 Post by ITSMERSH »

and today's higher powered machines are tomorrow's throw a ways......
He he!

Reminds me on Marilyn Manson's: this is the new shit!

Marv

#19 Post by Marv »

rufwoof wrote: Puppy is in effect in relative decay/decline.
I dasn't pass that on to my users, all windows refugees, all hooked on puppy, and one a true neophyte that uses a desktop running X-Slacko 4.4 that goes for one to two years without shutdowns, reboots, or my intervention. To very badly paraphrase Eugene O'Neils dalmation, "All pups are good, but solid pups are, of course, best" :) I think many of the newer derivatives, based on the 'decaying' puppy infrastructure support a broad range of solid but affordable hardware while running what most users need including browsers new enough to handle todays garbage laden internet demands. Oh ya, frugal installs rule.

Just my 2 cents,
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.