Huawei announced the release of its own operating system

News, happenings
scsijon

#41 Post by scsijon »

tallboy wrote:Huawei laptops come with the beautyful Linux Deepin OS installed, not challenging the Microsoft monopoly.
https://www.deepin.org/en/2019/07/19/deepin15-11/

Deepin Software Center v3.2/v3.0/2.1 available for Ubuntu/Linux Mint
https://www.noobslab.com/2014/05/deepin ... v3021.html

The chinese philosophy has always been to think long-term, planning for the future. You can even see it in the sub-title for the Deepin OS, 'Better never stops'. They will probably not be very affected by typical american activities based on short-term economic profits.
HM, and the official mirrors lists are interesting https://www.deepin.org/en/mirrors/releases/.

And their Harmony OS - a replacement for Android OS by Huawei
for phones http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=116714 is available on github if anyone's interested. The links for ther latest stuff are on the readme.

Think someone's going to 'complain' somewhere soon?

tallboy

#42 Post by tallboy »

From what I have read, it seems like the current version of Harmony OS for Android, is mainly intended for the chinese public.
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

scsijon

#43 Post by scsijon »

tallboy wrote:From what I have read, it seems like the current version of Harmony OS for Android, is mainly intended for the chinese public.
Maybe so, but talking with their development group online, it may suddenly appear for the Kirin Processor series before long, we will just have to see what happens. I'm sure the problems with the USA has caused some delays internationally.

tallboy

#44 Post by tallboy »

I am waiting for Huawei's latest Android software addition, EMUI10, for my phone. Their latest update gave me some improvements, among other things, the digital zoom for the camera was expanded from 10x to 30x. Electronically stabilized, handheld 30x zoom is awesome! The focal length of the tele lens in the phone, is equivalent to an 80mm lens for 35mm film, so the 30x zoom factor, gives an incredible 2400mm lens! I couldn't even use a 200mm lens freehand on my old camera, without getting blurry pics from shaking! :lol:

scsijon

#45 Post by scsijon »

tallboy wrote:I am waiting for Huawei's latest Android software addition, EMUI10, for my phone. Their latest update gave me some improvements, among other things, the digital zoom for the camera was expanded from 10x to 30x. Electronically stabilized, handheld 30x zoom is awesome! The focal length of the tele lens in the phone, is equivalent to an 80mm lens for 35mm film, so the 30x zoom factor, gives an incredible 2400mm lens! I couldn't even use a 200mm lens freehand on my old camera, without getting blurry pics from shaking! :lol:
:) Try again tallboy

10X = 80mm

30X = 240mm

someone needed some sleep maybe?

EMUL10, - suppose to be faster if you have the free ram PLUS for gamers the latency factor goes away by more than 25%. Not sure what you'd want to cleanup off your desktop that you can't already. I'm awaiting to see what happens after some realworld users report back.

tallboy

#46 Post by tallboy »

someone needed some sleep maybe?

I think we both need a few minutes on the pillow!
Actually, none of us is right! :oops:
The 40MP main camera comes with large 1/1.7" sensor, F1.8 aperture and 27mm equivalent focal length.
The Mate 20 Pro's secondary camera is an 8MP telephoto. The ~80mm equivalent fixed lens is the one used for zoom, 80mm f/2.4 lens, equivalent to 3x optical zoom. (also seen referred to as 82mm, and 27x3=81mm)
The new super-wide-angle offers a 16mm equivalent focal length and uses a 20MP sensor with F2.2 aperture lens. A minimum focus distance of 2.5cm allows for better macro performance.
The phone originally came with 3x optical and 10x digital zoom, now it has 3x optical, 5x hybrid and 30x digital zoom.
Which means that the 30x zoom equivalent in 35mm focal length, is about 810 mm. Still very impressive for a handheld lens. :D
I'm awaiting to see what happens after some realworld users report back.
Yes, me too.

hatemonday

#47 Post by hatemonday »

But that doesn't apply to system software....

Because microsoft will sue and does sue if store violates copyright law
in china!!!
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
(29.13 KiB) Downloaded 699 times

hatemonday

#48 Post by hatemonday »

... decided to use Huawei technology and it's likely that Canada will too.
Canada agricultral people know the reason better than anyone
Attachments
canola.jpg
(112.69 KiB) Downloaded 671 times
pork.jpg
(146.47 KiB) Downloaded 658 times

perdido

#49 Post by perdido »

hatemonday wrote:
... decided to use Huawei technology and it's likely that Canada will too.
Canada agricultral people know the reason better than anyone
Not suprising if there is a connection,

don570

pork deal

#50 Post by don570 »

On the subject of pork...
Canadian government is NOT promoting its pork industry,
whereas American goverment is....

https://thediplomat.com/2019/10/why-por ... to-a-deal/

hatemonday

#51 Post by hatemonday »

... decided to use Huawei technology and it's likely that Canada will too

Sooner or later Australia will be using... then NewZealand will be using ... and then the rest of the world will be using ....
Attachments
newzealand.jpg
(98.12 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
Australia.jpg
(41.02 KiB) Downloaded 465 times

hatemonday

#52 Post by hatemonday »

On one side, Huawei "seems" to do virtually everything it can to carry out political tasks .

On the other hand, "seems" to do virtually everything it can to squeeze and threaten other countries to use Huawei's technology /product.

Are they actually two sides of the same single coin ? Anyone knows ?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/bu ... w-12093468

Last edited by hatemonday on Fri 15 Nov 2019, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.

bigpup

#53 Post by bigpup »

Why is it so hard for people to understand that the Chinese Government is firmly in control of what goes on in companies in China?
The Chinese Government is always in the background! :shock:

Now with the ability to attach a very small spying chip to the circuitry of any electronic device.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117162
I think the US is doing the correct thing by blocking the use of Huawei products.
Especially for US Government electronics!!
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

perdido

#54 Post by perdido »

tallboy

#55 Post by tallboy »

In the rest of the world, outside USA, trade unions normally exist in companies, as they also do in China. The trade union that own most of Huawei, are the Huawei employees.
And such entities in China are part of a system ultimately controlled by the Communist Party.
Yeah, yeah, the americans never understood trade unions, such statements are just old fashioned bs. Jeez, wake up, the current population of China is 1,435,874,669 as I write this, just how many commies do you think there are? Live counter here:
https://www.worldometers.info/world-pop ... opulation/

peterw

Huawei Security Risk to Infrastructure of UK

#56 Post by peterw »

Just to add a reference about Huawei and the risk of using their equipment for 5 G, etc.
Whilst in theory the Chinese Government could insist on the insertion of items, Huawei deny they have ever been ask and there has been no actual evidence that it has been done. Also, it has to be remembered that other countries could also request their manufacturers based in their countries to do the same but that may become public knowledge more easily than in China.
Huawei have and continue to invest huge sums into developing technology which os why they are leaders in the field.
Recognising that it could be a security risk the UK have an agreement with Huawei that allows them to look at the systems. The latest report highlights some concerns about the procedures that Huawei use for development of their software. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... eport-2019.

tallboy

#57 Post by tallboy »

Most people forget that Huawei also built a large number of the 3G/4G base stations around the world, and I have never seen issues related to that. I think people have had more issues with Google, Facebook, Twitter and other social media misusing information, than they have had with chinese authorities.
One main problem now is that US officials have said that they will not share information over a 5G net built by Huawei. Most bosses of competing companies to Huawei, are friends of Trump...

musher0

#58 Post by musher0 »

Yep. It's called plutocracy!
Attachments
pluto.jpg
But this Pluto is not a plutocrat!
(185.77 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

tallboy

#59 Post by tallboy »

:lol:

don570

#60 Post by don570 »

Here is a good update of the current situation regarding operating system

https://sputniknews.com/business/201911 ... one-issue/

Huawei has been positioning Harmony as an all-in-one platform that will enable software developers to build one app that will run on all of Huawei’s devices. Kevin Ho reportedly said that at the moment the Chinese giant has no plans to release future gadgets running on Harmony. The operating system is only featured on Huawei’s televisions – Vision, Honor Vision, and Honor Vision Pro.